Crafty Adult Merit Badges

I asked @MightyMitochondria two swap embroidered inchies with me, but she requested adult merit badges instead. Hmm…I struggled for a little while to re-focus and channel my initial inspiration, and then just decided to go for it.

Here they are together, “Inspiration Wrangler” and “Scrap Queen”:

And the backs just because:

Scrap Queen was an extension of my effort to use all my scraps this year! I’ve been having a lot of fun playing with them.

The crown was a late addition and I think it just adds a little something.

The second badge evolved a bit while making it. I was going to do “treasure hunter” and have a bunch of items piled on “assemblage style,” but when I started putting things together, I accidentally put a reject stumpwork wing from a previous project onto a rusty peace sign charm and I knew I had to go with that. With the help of some friends, the piece was named “inspiration wrangler.” I thought it worked well with the winged charm and the process of making it. Following your inspiration is not always easy!

I was a little nervous that I crafted to my inspiration and not to @MightyMitochondria’s likes specifically for these, so I sat on pins and needles until they arrived. But she seems happy, or just really nice. :smiley: I actually really loved and connected to both these pieces while making them and they were hard to send away, but I’m glad they have a good home. :blush:

28 Likes

They are both wonderful…and your thought process, other than your doubt!, is also appreciated!

You have good instincts and when you make what you love, it shows…I love the scrappy one for being scrappy and you…I love the second one for being daring and trusting the process…

Yes, perfect for your partner as well!

3 Likes

Thank you, lady! Trusting the process sounds like a badge, too…:thinking:

5 Likes

I LOVE both merit badges so much. You officially doubled my merit badge collection, so I thought it was time to start covering my purse, which was the goal when I collected enough. Don’t they look fabulous? I thought I would need far more than four badges before the bag looked good, but the rosettes give the bag a big wow factor.
The unicorn badge is from @Lynx and the mountain scene is from @Averia. They both did a beautiful job, as well. Thank you to all the crafty badge makers!

5 Likes

Ha…They are quite different from the other two. I wouldn’t be offended if you found a different purpose/place for them. I’m just glad they are loved regardless!

2 Likes

I think they look great together! I love how you have paired them…hmmm…now I know what to do with my collection…showing them off is a wonderful idea!

2 Likes

I LOVE how big and blingy yours are. The more eclectic the collection the better!

2 Likes

I love the scrappy craft-as-you-feel way these came into being. LOVE IT! :heart:

3 Likes

These are so fun!

1 Like

I’m happy you sent YOU in the package!

3 Likes

Each of the badges are uniquely wonderful! There’s clearly been a lot of thought in making them, and it sounds like the recipient is mad in love with them. Beautiful work, Abbeeroad!

3 Likes

These are brilliant!
Hoping this can be turned into a proper swap at some time in the future - I want some of that awesome!

5 Likes

These badges are so awesome-tastic! The shabby ribbons are great!

2 Likes

I really hope we can have a merit badge swap in the future. These badges are truly inspirational! :blue_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

The crown is perfect. I can’t decide whether it or the dangly bits are my favorite part of that one. And “inspiration wrangler” is a great theme (merit?).

3 Likes

I am speechless. Trying to think of good enough words but there just aren’t any. Love this large can’t be expressed in mere language.

4 Likes

I really like these! The sayings are fun and definitely merit badge worthy. I would love to win a first place ribbon like this :blush:.

2 Likes

These are fabulous!

1 Like

@Abbeeroad, these came out so fantastic! I loved getting to see sneak peeks as they were being made, and I adore the truly handmade-scraptastic-craft-queen vibe they embody.

2 Likes

I love being in crafty cahoots. :wink:

3 Likes