Crafty Scavenger Hunt - Swap Gallery

What great little crafty treasures. Fun!

I too did not set this thread to Watching!

Amazing packages. The stencils are great and the little printed LC envelopes, so cute. That water colour chart looks really handy too.

I love the interpretations. All of the paper things so far are helping my fabric-leaning brain think of some more options! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Those little envies are so cute! :blush:

I got my goodies from across the river! Thanks @kittykill :kissing_heart:

Whimsical - Flower hoop art :heart: I loooove it! :heart:

Over 20 - over 20 origami papers :partying_face: (very likely to become something other than origami :smirk:)

Labels - vintage food labels! These are so cool, and big! I have no idea what I’ll do with them yet :sweat_smile:

Related to the letter “M” - Multi colored suncatcher from the zoom class :rainbow: So pretty!

Lucky - Lucky dish and a fairy :four_leaf_clover: The dish is already on my dresser waiting for treasures :green_heart:

Tiny (under 2") - Blank puzzle pieces, stickers, stamp, and other little goodies in a teeny tiny dish

And green! From @kittykill’s letter, “Everyone will be green with envy over these pot holders.” :kissing_heart: Love the purple with green! And how did you know that I can always use more pot holders? :laughing: Plus they match my St Urho’s Day shirt :joy: I don’t know if that was intentional but you nailed it! :green_heart: :purple_heart:

Thank you again @kittykill for all the goodies!

13 Likes

Yeah! I am so glad that you like everything! I had so much fun gathering and crafting for you.

2 Likes

@ kittykill What a fun swap package filled with fab things! Does that lucky dish have snap buttons that can be ‘unsnapped’ and laid flat? Curious…per usual.

Love that flower icecream! And those origami papers! :heart_eyes:

It does! You can lay it flat and take to with you then snap it together.

The labels came in a big collection my husband just acquired.

5 Likes

Wow! Awesome package!

The swap anxiety is strong…

Brilliant!
I am gonna try to make one to use as a portable thread catcher :slight_smile:

No swap anxiety allowed! Just enjoy the process :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I received a super cute package today from @Bunny1kenobi !

The centerpiece is this adorable Alice in Wonderland diorama. I haven’t read this book since I was a child, I think I need to re-read it - I know it’s a perennial favorite and the quotes that I know of are really funny. In fact… I’m not sure I’ve ever read it, I may have only ever seen the original (cartoon) movie, now that I’m thinking about it! :exploding_head: I’ve never seen the newer movie, either. Hmmm I may need to see that, too! I have some catching up to do :blush:

I love the multiple black and white textures, and the detail of the cards on the back wall. The back is also darling and incorporates the maker info.

The second piece is this happy little hoop. I love the coloring / beehive design in the backdrop. The text / writing is darling and the flowers make me happy. :bouquet:

These earrings are very mod, with the mix of alligator print and frill. I think I’ll pair them with a basic white blouse, so that they can stand out well and elevate the style :dancer:

This cute cactus print fat quarter will certainly be put to good use… Maybe as a pin cushion :smiley: :cactus:

And some more handy items - a notepad, some holiday tags and a few small vintage-style gift cards. Just in time for the holidays, all the list making and gifting!! :white_check_mark: :gift:

Here’s a pic of the full contents - I loooove Ernst Haeckel :squid: - the postcard was a great addition!

Here is the category breakdown:

Thank you so much @Bunny1kenobi - this was a lovely surprise at the end of a long Monday!

11 Likes

That hoop is spectacular! Really amazing fine stitching, and such a novel / whimsical idea. Love it!

Goodness gracious, that Alice in Wonderland shrine is utterly charming…and that hoop evokes happiness!

@Bunny1kenobi
Did you stencil the hexagons in that hoop? I hope you make separate posts for these projects :slight_smile:
@Cyn-energy
I’ve been planning to re-read Alice in Wonderland (no kidding…I actually have a copy sitting on my desk) too!

2 Likes

I’m glad it all arrived safely! And I’m glad you like it- I really enjoyed crafting for you.

2 Likes

I did stencil the hexagons using distress ink. The “hoop” is actually a cheese container (so it’s paper rather than fabric) that I’ve had in stash forever, hoping something like this would pop into my head. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Now I wanna stencil on fabric…not that I don’t have enough craft projects to keep me busy or anything like that… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

wow–you must do a post on your cheese container!

Love the shrine! You aced this scavenger hunt!

1 Like

Thank you!!

I received from @Reinikka! I will post pictures soon.

3 Likes