Crafty Scavenger Hunt - Swap Gallery

Another fabulous scavenger hunt package!

Love the tiny book…such a positive affirmation!

2 Likes

@Reinikka such a thoughtful collection of items for kittykill!

1 Like

I love the layering and depth on the tiny books. Very well done. :heart:

1 Like

Everyone’s interpretations of the clues are fun. All the whimsical paper things are so sweet.

1 Like

@Reinikka == this is all totally adorable!!
squeee!

1 Like

@Cyn-energy sent so many pretty tags with my package… I had to do something with them… :grin:

They are all gold foil on the reverse!

10 Likes

I love it when people post projects made from stuff the received in swaps or happy mail!

They are lovely…you should post a pic in the Christmas Craftalong to inspire many of us to get going on our holiday crafting!

4 Likes

I was hoping you would find a use for them!! Awesome!!

2 Likes

I almost feel sad posting my goodies from @mellybelly81 …the package I sent to her was returned to me because of a postal suspension of packages being sent to Australia! It should be lifted soon, but in the meantime, here I am with all of these lovely things!

Mel and I have been swapping for a few years, so she gets me! And, so many of the things fit with more than one category!

Let’s get started!

The pile before I tore into it…

Whimsical—cute little koalas on a soft flannel fabric!
Tiny, 20 or even green–little leaf die cuts for cards, paper crafts, etc.
Local–Australian stamps! YAY!
Vintage, or green–beautiful fabric…I already know what I am going to make!

Vintage or local–More gorgeous fabric! These have to be from your collection, so thanks for sharing with me! I am not sure I can cut into them! lol…but I will!

Mel made me TWO crafted items!
Lucky–ha ha You guys know who this is! Awwww
Typography–whoa! My name and username on an outstanding TM patch!
melcat

Finally, a few extras for a quilt I am working on (red/black/white), a piece of “junk mail” for my junk journal, and the card…oh, and a piece of selvedge! ha

Thanks, Mel, for a fun scavenger hunt! Hope I can send yours soon!

11 Likes

What a fun package! I love the TM patch…such an excellent interpretation of ‘typography’. And those local/vintage fabrics are totally swoon worthy!

2 Likes

I was thinking they were sort of cool like a ransom note…lol…guess I have been streaming too much CSI…

3 Likes

Lol…now I see it!

1 Like

Yay! I’m so glad it made it, with all the delays on both sides of the world!

My grandmother’s (now mine) long-curated stash came in very handy for the vintage category and I know how much you love batiks.

I was stuck for the typography and was just going to send the fabric with letters, I found the flowers and tan in a tub of hundreds of Gran-precut squares and the colours matched… I went a bit overboard with the stitching on the patch, it could almost be a mug rug it’s so flat!

4 Likes

I love the sweet lucky kitty and the TM patch is amazing! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I am honored to be the recipient of some of your gran’s stash!

I don’t want to spill anything on it…it really is my style with the scrappiness and also the story! I might become selfish and make myself a notebook cover that is all MINE! lol

2 Likes

A couple of updates! I finally got to mail out @mellybelly81 package with the original shipping. It is in Australia now and needs to get through customs! YAH!

Next, here is a pouch and tissue holder I made using some of the yummy fabric I got in this swap!

9 Likes

Through all the trials of the post in COVID times, my package from @AIMR arrived today! It was just what I needed to cheer me up, as my lower back has been giving me trouble.

First this cute froggy card

Then some pretty green buttons and jungle leaves!

Some amazing altered cardboard

Some lucky charms and tiny tassels!

Cute sealife from a local fabric store, as well as their store ribbon!

This whimsical tape measure with instructions (which I didn’t see until after I panicked that I broke it!)

20 colourful thingamabobbies for keeping my thread and bobbins neat and tidy

And the Most Magnificent M hoop!

So definitely worth the wait for this package! I am so lucky!

Thanks Linda!

10 Likes

that hoop is gorgeous!

2 Likes

I know, right? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wow! What a long journey, but definitely worth the wait! The fabric is so cute, the altered cardboard is beautiful, I’d never seen/heard of the thingsmabobs, and gorgeous hoop! Enjoy your treasures.

1 Like