Cranberries and Cream Danish Braid- Great LC Holiday Bakeoff 2021 Entry

For the Great LCHoliday Bakeoff I made a Cranberries and Cream Danish Braid. This recipe is by Sarah Kieffer and from her wonderful blog, The Vanilla Bean Blog. This was my second time making the danish. The first time I made it (a couple of years ago), I put the cranberry filling out on the front porch to cool with a wire rack on top. A deer discovered it and and was lapping away when I went to check on it :woman_facepalming:t3:

This year I spread out the process over three days and didn’t tempt the deer by cooling anything on the porch. I made the danish dough on the first night. The second day I turned the danish dough and made the cranberry filling. The following morning I made the cream cheese filling, assembled the braids, and baked. The recipe is easy to follow and the results are divine. You just need to allow yourself enough time as the danish dough must rest in the fridge overnight.

my dirty window is actually caked in sea salt. We’ve had a lot of windstorms this winter and it just isn’t worth the effort to clean them until the spring

17 Likes

This looks and sounds delicious!!!

1 Like

How beautiful!

1 Like

Gorgeous! So funny about the deer!

1 Like

That is gorgeous! That is such a funny deer story! We frequently cool things in the mudroom which is closer to outside temps than inside temps and suddenly I’m appreciative that the deer can’t get in there!

1 Like

Oh, wow! This is gorgeous, and sounds heavenly-delicious! (Obviously, the deer thought so…) :laughing:

1 Like

This looks deeeelicious!!

1 Like

This looks divine!!!

1 Like

Looks so yummy!! A real labor of love, here.

1 Like

Beautiful. I needs to live in my belly.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the replies!

This looks divine! And those pesky deer! Lol!

1 Like

I just realized I had forgotten to reply to this… It looks AMAZING! This New England born cranberry fiend is terribly jealous of the deer…

1 Like

Wow! This looks so pretty and sounds delicious! :drooling_face:

1 Like