The Great Lettuce Craft Holiday Bakeoff! 2021

:christmas_tree: :cookie: :gift: :cupcake: :christmas_tree: :pie: :gift: :clinking_glasses: :christmas_tree: :champagne: :gift: :cookie: :christmas_tree: :cupcake: :gift: :pie: :christmas_tree: :clinking_glasses: :gift: :champagne: :christmas_tree:

The Great Lettuce Craft Holiday Bakeoff!

:christmas_tree: :cookie: :gift: :cupcake: :christmas_tree: :pie: :gift: :clinking_glasses: :christmas_tree: :champagne: :gift: :cookie: :christmas_tree: :cupcake: :gift: :pie: :christmas_tree: :clinking_glasses: :gift: :champagne: :christmas_tree:

The holidays area time for gathering with family and friends. And of course, creating baked goods to share with those loved ones! Whether it be Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, or New Year’s Eve, we all have those special recipes we make every year, and most of us have those special over-the-top recipes bookmarked or Pinned, that we dream of making for the holidays. Well my friends, this is your year to make and share your best holiday bakes with your Lettuce Craft family of friends!

YOUR MISSION - CREATE A SHOW-STOPPING BAKE FOR ONE OF THE UPCOMING HOLIDAYS!

Examples:

The Rules:

• You must bake something for one of the many holidays found between November, and New Year’s Eve, 2021. It may be one I have listed, or one I may have missed.
  • You must give credit for the recipe, either a link to one you found online, or noting that it is a family recipe.
  • Each member may only submit one entry, which cannot already be posted on its own thread.
  • Additionally, your entry may not be submitted for any other contest in this community.
  • All entries must be posted by midnight on January 1st, 2022.

The winner of The Great Lettuce Craft Holiday Bakeoff! will receive a $20 Amazon gift card.

Additional Details:

• You should submit your entry by creating a project post on the Completed Projects sub-board.
  • You are REQUIRED to have a descriptive title and then include β€œ- Great LC Holiday Bakeoff 2021 Entry” (example: Jennie’s St. Lucia Crown - Great LC Holiday Bakeoff 2021 Entry). Once you have posted your submission, you need to reply to this thread with a link to your post. If you do not do this, your entry will not be considered.
  • Voting will happen on January 2-9, 2022.
  • The winner will be announced on January 10th - we will contact you via Private Message, after the announcement.
  • If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.

If you have any questions, or want to chat about your crafting progress for this challenge, post it here! Let’s have fun!

Entries:
@MistressJennie’s Gingerbread Bundt Cake with Maple Cinnamon Glaze & Truffles
@bethntim’s Little Debbie Christmas Tree Inspired Cake
@saranethx Cranberries and Cream Danish Braid
@Cyn-energy Yule Pudding
@Abbeeroad’s Yule Log Cake

The Great Lettuce Craft Holiday Bakeoff!
  • Little Debbie Christmas Tree Inspired Cake
  • Cranberries and Cream Danish Braid
  • Yule Pudding
  • Yule Log Cake

0 voters

18 Likes

Exciting!! Can’t wait to see all the awesome entries!

1 Like

How cool! Will see if I have some time to bake up something fancy.

1 Like

Your bake doesn’t have to be an exceptionally intricate creation. It could be something like a special family recipe you truly love, that perhaps you spent a few extra minutes on by pulling out the special Santa cookie plate from the back of the cupboard, and decorated with some greenery and fresh berries. Or a set of sugar cookies that you went a bit crazy on one afternoon, decorating with your children, and every candy they could get their hands on.

4 Likes

LOL. This is a real possibility.

4 Likes

I’m probably looking for an excuse to make something fancy, TBH. We never have company since the pandemic, so there hasn’t been a reason for a fancy baking for like two years!

4 Likes

Can I be honest? I was thinking about you and the girls when I wrote that example. :joy:

Awesome! You do you! I just didn’t want you to think you could ONLY make a big giant complicated thing. I realized I used the term β€˜show stopper’, and was afraid I gave an impression of insane complication. (But that’s also why in my example recipes I included Hamantaschen, and Mandazi. Neither are a 6 tiered cake filled with marzipan and homemade ganache and jam. They are just good, traditional foods.)

5 Likes

Haha! Awesome! :laughing:

1 Like

And personally, as a bystander I’m equally tickled by the epic fails as by the beautiful fancy desserts (and not in a judgment way). They all taste good and are festive, so share them all!
(I’m thinking specifically about when some friends baked gingerbread men at their holiday party and somehow one of the gingerfellows came out of the oven absurdly well-endowed :racehorse:…the rest of the cookies were forgotten and a photo of this one anatomically-disproportionate gingerbread man was circulated far and wide)

6 Likes

YOU are a reason for fancy baking, my friend! :wink: As long as it’s fun to do.

5 Likes

I can not wait to see what everyone bakes! Also, I will need your addresses to come taste test everything.

7 Likes

If I can get one of my pies next week to look extra fancy, I’ll enter it!

4 Likes

Mmmm… I wish we had smell- o- vision!

I love the cookie idea. I may have to recruit my son and granddaughter for this one. This would be worth it just for the fun memories!

2 Likes

This sounds really fun! Maybe I can bake something with my mom over Thanksgiving weekend when I visit. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Omg. This is hilarious. The horse emoji…just :joy::joy:

4 Likes

snort :joy: :racehorse:

3 Likes

Well, Hanukkah is actually more about fried stuff and less baking, because of the miracle of the oil (Hamantaschen are traditionally made in Purim). But I see that you listed Mandazi as an example, so if we do fry any holiday awesome stuff, I’ll try to share :doughnut:

4 Likes

My apologies on mis-placing Hamantaschen in the holiday calendar. I grew up with several Jewish friends, one a best friend from 5th grade through senior year. Her grandmother made them for just about every event that ever came up. They often invited me to Hanukkah nights, so in my mind, they just went hand in hand. I still miss them. LOL

And yes, if there is something traditional for the holiday that is delicious and fried, go for it! My soft-sort-of-rule for this, is if it’s something they might cook on Great British Bake Off, then it’s fair game here. They’ve certainly made things like fried donuts, as well as baked flatbreads around open fires, etc.

And now that I’m remembering those holiday celebrations, this pregnant lady totally wants latkes… All the latkes.

4 Likes

The non pregnant lady would also like latkes please.

5 Likes

Be careful… I might bite if someone tries to take the latkes away…

2 Likes