Creativity Takes Courage

I made this hoop as my gift exchange offering for the LC Midwest Meetup. I was heavily inspired by a felted hoop @LeapFeetFirst did a million years ago on the other site that is still one of my most favorite things I’ve ever seen. Thank goodness this pin still shows the image!

Here’s the Abbie-style version:

I made the background first by just machine stitching scrap pieces of fabric together onto a base fabric. Once I filled the hoop, I began adding embellishments of cheese cloth, yarn, beads, embroidery stitches, and the stamped words of course.

Here’s a close up of some of the embellishments:

And the back, just because!

I really loved this piece and am happy it went to a good home. Thanks for looking!

29 Likes

It’s a scraptastically courageous piece of creativity!

1 Like

It is completely wonderful, what an eyeful of splendid colour & texture. I love it!

1 Like

It’s spectacular my friend! Bold and courageous indeed.

2 Likes

This is a real stunner!

1 Like

Gorgeous! A symphony of colours and texture, and the perfect sentiment too :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Wonderful!

1 Like

So pretty and scrappy! I would like to see this huge on a pillow or bedspread (might be a bit bumpy, tho!)

1 Like

I could manage a pillow (great idea actually… :thinking:) but a bedspread would be quite the challenge!

Thanks everyone! :blush:

So cool!

I love this so much, there so many small details, it’s a joy to find something new each time. :heart:

I love this quote and will likely use it myself. Beautiful.

The scrappiness is incredible. Love the sentiment as well.

This is so gorgeous! I love the patchwork style of it and all of the fun embellishments are great!

:scissors: :heartbeat: :thread: Congratulations! Your beautiful, and wonderfully scrappy Creativity Takes Courage Hoop is a Featured Project this week! :thread: :heartbeat: :scissors:

2 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

I love all the colors and textures! What a fabulous idea for a hoop!

1 Like

I love everything about it, especially the opportunity to use up scraps! Lovely message and finished back! Congrats on feature!!!

1 Like