Creature Comfort Stuffie Swap Gallery

You’re so welcome! Yes they are balloons! We used bamboo skewers to hold them up but they broke before they could go in the box. I thought they’d also make fun kitty toys if you wanted :slight_smile:

11 Likes

SO CUTE!!! :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

1 Like

Well good luck with that. We have a cat that can levitate to the top of 7 foot bookshelves. We still aren’t sure how.

But the ocean goodies are so fun. From the Orca to the little fishies swimming in the sea. and that oyster!

4 Likes

Orca is built like a bulldog so no leaping for him, and Oyster never makes it past the temptation of the sock drawer. :wink:

4 Likes

My amazing creature has come from @artsycandice! I had rabbits and sugar skulls on my list of things that I enjoy, and BOY, did she deliver! BEHOLD:

The level of detail blows me away. I love the strange, fantastic proportions, and the dramatic posing, and the massive floppy ears (I’ve always been partial to lops). :two_hearts: :star: :heart_eyes:

All the painted details are beautifully precise and symmetrical!

I love her strange, pointy hands–they remind me of a praying mantis somehow.

And to give you all an idea of scale, here she is draping herself over an entire chair–like she owns the place! :laughing:

I am overwhelmed with how much effort and time and skill must have gone into this amazing bunny. Thank you SO MUCH, artsyCandice! She’s amazing and I love her! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

@Thanate – Your rose-breasted grosbeak turned out amazing. The little red spot looks like he is wearing a bandana. It’s so cute.

@Camelama – The whale is too cute! I love him pudgy little body and bright, fun color. The balloons on him are so whimsical and adorable! The oyster is crazy great too. Perfect for her little Oyster.
And @QueenHobo , your babies are purr-fect. They look like they think they deserve those toys. Ha!

@artsycandice – Wowza! The rabbit is absolutely stunning. I love all the details down to the yellow buttons on the knee joints. Stunning!

2 Likes

Amazing lop-ear! The details are so perfect and the size is big enough to give you a big hug. Comfort indeed.

3 Likes

I totally see a praying mantis too in the way the hand is held! So much incredible detail, indeed.

2 Likes

I received from @Pookie today!

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind is probably my favorite Studio Ghibli film and I’ve been wanting a Nausicaa plush for a while. I feel like we were also both on the same wavelength with our themed candy choices!

I love her little dress and the crochet hair. I’ve never seen hair done like that before, I like how it gives the hair some volume/body. (And yes that is a Ghibli pillow on my sofa).

Now I just need to do some plush rearranging so she can sit on my desk with the Ohmu I got from a previous swap.

13 Likes

You’re right, that hair is wonderful!

1 Like

So cute and that smile. And the hair. Wonderful.

1 Like

I have not seen that movie. She is so very cute. I admire those who can crochet amigurami. I love her. :heart:

1 Like

Give it a watch if you get the chance :blush: It definitely has a more adult story than some of Studio Ghibli’s other projects. There are some pretty disastrous dubs/cuts of it from the 80s around but the Disney release/dub is the full film and has the option to also just watch it in the original Japanese with subtitles.

Man, I am behind! So many amazing stuffies of all sorts have been showing up the past few days! I can’t comment on them all right now, but I’ll say: good work, everybody! It’s cool to see such a variety of creations!

Also, I am a big dummy and forgot to post the little extra that @roler included for me: in going through some of her grandma’s things, she found two of these patterns; she kept one for herself and gifted me the other!

6 Likes

Oh I’m glad you have an Ohmu!! This pattern included one but you said you didn’t want extras and I didn’t know if you would think it was extra so I ended up not doing it, lol.

1 Like

I received from @EriChanHime today. I met the postman at the door and opened it immediately.

This is Harold. He has strong opinions about being shoved into a little box…

He is so darn cute. I love him!

My partner noticed that I love Barn Owls. :heart: He is no exception. But, there’s more… when you hold him in your hand he has a wonderful weight to him. That’s right, he’s filled with a tushy of rice and is a hand-warmer!! Awwww!!! I’ll have him feeling all warm and fuzzy in no time. :heart::heart: Thank you so much.

11 Likes

Harold is so cute. I love his determined expression… and his bum hole! Bahahaha!

4 Likes

Right? I think it’s her signature but the placement just gave me a chuckle. lol :smirk::grin:

3 Likes

Love the tail end. I love owls to and this one is so perfect in size, cuteness, and hand comfort. Well done.

2 Likes

That face! So disgruntled but so smooshy cute!

3 Likes