Crib quilt

This is a quilt for my husband’s first grandchild (a girl due in may) her mam loves elephants. So I made a linocut of an elephant and printed up some fabric. The back of the elephant fabric was some I tie dyed previously. The other fabrics are all from stash, referencing various family things.

The wadding is a light polyester as the baby will live in Australia. There’s a strip of spare elephants in the back. And a small label that I had printed up from an AliExpress seller.

27 Likes

What a lovely keepsake!

I just love the elephants you printed…makes is so much more personal and special! Would make a lovely notebook cover in the future as well!

Also, I am really liking the double machine stitched binding…I would make more finished quilts if I did that!

2 Likes

I like how you quilted it in squares, the quilt looks so soft and cuddly! This is such a thoughtful gift and I’m sure it will be well lived!

1 Like

It’s lovely! It turned out great.

1 Like

It turned out beautiful!
I bet your gift will be cherished for many years to come.

1 Like

You thought of everything! What a special treasure!

1 Like

This is soooooo cute and it sounds like it’s very personalized too!

1 Like

AAAAAAAAAAAH! This is so dang cute and sweet, but not too sweet! What a treasure to have something so mindfully hand crafted for the new baby.

Also, henceforth I will call any group of spare elephants a “strip.”

1 Like

Oh wow! This is just too cute!

1 Like

Ha, yes it is a good collective noun. I didn’t want the quilt to be too sweet, I love pink, but didn’t want it to be too barbified either.

3 Likes

Absolutely wonderful. I love that you made custom elephants!!!

1 Like

So sweet! What a lovely keepsake for a new baby.

1 Like

This turned out so great! Beautiful work! I was excited to see how you would use your adorable elephant print.

1 Like

Oh, that turned out super fantastic! Those ellies are the best and that green plaid binding is genius, really ties it all together. Nicely done.

2 Likes

The lino cut is a brilliant way to avoid having to buy a whole bunch of coordinating elephant fabric that might not be exactly what you want. The quilt is darling!

1 Like

It turned out beautifully! Well done darling.

That little elephant stamp is beyond precious. BEYOND.PRECIOUS.

1 Like

Lovely pattern and the elephants make it even more adorable. The tie dye colors are perfect.

1 Like

That elephant would look great on a onesie or a baby tee shirt. I really like the elephant.