Crochet-along

This is definitely not a stashbuster. Possibly a scrap-buster, but it was fun and quick to make.

9 Likes

The color and stitch are lovely. A little bit of goodness.

2 Likes

I finished my destash blanket BUT, I ran out of yarn before making it a decent width, so I had to order more yarn. At least it is for a project and not for my stash…while I wait for the yarn, I am going to work on finishing my Attic24 blanket and see about getting started on joining my flowers for the Cantona Shawl.

6 Likes

I took that stupid giant olive to work in my bag today. I know I started it over a year ago & I planned on 3 but I will settle for 1 so long as it actually gets done. I refuse to give up!

6 Likes

Oh, hey there.

All you craftalong-ers check out the Peek Behind The Curtains Challenge! You don’t need to make something new to join in, you just have to (finally) share the things you’ve made already! WHAT!?

2 Likes

:alarm_clock: :fly: :fly: :fly: TIME FLIES WHEN YOU’RE MAKING THINGS :yarn: :scroll: :sewing_needle: :art: :birthday:

We’ve just over a day and a half until the Peek Behind The Curtains Challenge closes! I just know some of you have hooked some magic projects that you have not given their own topic. Please share with us before Midnight on April 19 2023, US Pacific Time.

PeekChallengeApril2023

3 Likes

OK–I have my yarn to finish two blankets…and yet, I now want to make a different one…I am not going to order yarn until I finish at least one of the other ones!

6 Likes

I dropped all that “moth proof” yarn off at the thrift shop today and instead started making a roll-upable dish scrubby for this trip to do an airport pick up we’re on now.

Dear friends, I coud probably use your gentle encouragement to finish this project…

8 Likes

I’m looking for my yarn whip, it will gently encourage you

4 Likes

I made it this far!

Actually, I’m not sure when I’m supposed to stop. I gotta watch the video to the end for a change, ha!

10 Likes

Done the first one! Like a fuzzy donut.

I think I’ll make the next one a bit longer.

OMG, I just finished it one minute ago & the children are already complaining about it not being good for washing dishes. These kids!

8 Likes

I’ve made them different lengths with ok result. I test rolled it to see if I was happy with the size, or just stopped when I was nearly out of my yarn.

2 Likes

I actually greatly dislike it, 2/10, do not recommend. It holds SO much water that even if you are only using it to wash one cup, it still needs to be fully unrolled afterwards to dry. Which it does very slowly so I’m concerned about it getting funky. I think I will try a meshy square with the rest of the yarn.

I used a very synthetic scrubby yarn that barely holds any water. I would probably not have liked it in something like cotton for the reason you mentioned.

This is a scrubby synthetic yarn. Maybe netting is best for this sort of thing, like tulle.

2 Likes

Im up to date with my snake! :smiley: Im so glad you asked @Cindy because I havent forgotten. But I did some crochet on him (Ssebastian) earlier, but forgot to take a photo. Here he is in all his 58 cm glory!

15 Likes

Ssebastian is looking good! love the name!

2 Likes

I was just thinking about you, wondering how your snake was coming along. Ssebastian is looking great.

3 Likes

Hey @mellybelly81 now it’s your turn to show us progress :smiley:

3 Likes

I am actually working on the final place mat. Shhhh, don’t spook me or i’ll scamper off… lol

12 Likes