Crochet Club Zipper Pouches

Last year I started a crochet club at school, and I had a half dozen kids who came on a regular basis. So, I decided to make them each a zippered pouch to hold their supplies. I decided to make a second mini one to hold stitch markers and yarn needles. I asked them their favorite colors, and planned to send them to them over the summer. While I made them over the summer, I never got them in the mail.

In each bag, I put a dozen stitch markers, a yarn needle, a tape measure, 2 crochet hooks, and right before I gave them out, I added a pair of scissors.

20 Likes

What a nice gift! Cool fabric combinations, too

Thank you! I think they liked them, but Crochet Club hasn’t started this year, so I’ll have to see if they actually use them.

And, I tried to use stash to make them in their favorite colors, but I had to buy a little.

Now, I need to think of something to make for the next batch of regulars!

1 Like

I LOVE that you started a crochet club. That’s so cool! What lovely little gifts for them!

3 Likes

Very cool crochet-club swag! I’m sure they loved their personalized pouches.

1 Like

Incredibly sweet and thoughtful for your kids!

1 Like

How thoughtful and what a considered way to encourage young creators!

2 Likes

How nice of you! And good that you are spreading the crochet along the kids! :smiley:

4 Likes

How special for them!

1 Like

These (and your club) are sooo cool! Everyone will want to join this year!

3 Likes

Thank you! I started the club because a former student loved crochet, too, but she rarely made it because of conflicts with band & chorus.

I switched the day this year so hopefully more kids can join.

I’m already brainstorming ideas for next year:
A drawstring bag to hold a bigger project
Handmade stitch markers
Crochet key chains

Any other ideas?

2 Likes

A teacher who truly cares! How your kids must love you!

2 Likes

Fantastic!
I would have loved being a part of that club as a teen/pre-teen, esp if it meant getting such wonderful pouches to keep me organized!
Well done!

and I love the fact that you are fanning the flame of crafting love in each of them!
maybe future LC members :heart_decoration:

2 Likes