Stitch Markers for Crochet Club

While not made of fiber or textiles, it’s for a fiber craft, so I figured that I’d tuck these in here. They’re not really jewelry…

I run a Crochet & Knit Club at the middle school I teach at, and all of the kids in it this year worked on crochet projects. Last year, I made them all pouches (Crochet Club Zipper Pouches). This year, since I had a few returning members, plus several additions, I decided to make them sets of crochet stitch markers.

I bought some yarn charms online (along with the jump rings and lobster clasps), as well as some crochet pins. I found these cute little drawstring bags at Michaels, and decorated each bag with the pins.

I had intended to make 6 stitch markers per student, but I had a couple of new members join after I had ordered my supplies, so I ended up making only 5 per student (a total of 50 altogether).

11 Likes

What a lovely idea, they are great and that’s a lot of pouches!!

1 Like

What a thoughtful way to keep the students interested in crochet!

2 Likes

Thanks! I wish I had time to make the pouches- I could have made them in fun fabrics. But, this was a way for me to make sure they were finished before school ended.

1 Like

Thank you! I don’t think many of them actually finished a project, but they come and hang out and crochet whatever they want. As long as they are enjoying the process, that’s all that matters!

2 Likes

These are so thoughtful and cute! I love the simplicity of the pin-decorated drawstring pouches.

2 Likes

What a lovely idea!

2 Likes

These bags were a cute idea and stitch markers are a really thoughtful gift.

2 Likes

I think I need a crochet pin just like this! Where did you buy them?

1 Like

I got them on Temu… I hope they weren’t a rip off of somebody’s design, now that I think about it :cry:

1 Like