Crochet Pocket Shawl

I’m finally getting into crochet and loved this pattern I came across. It’s pretty simple and fun. I used smaller hooks, per the instructions, because I knew my tension was still a bit loose as I’m getting my footing. I think I could have gone down even more, and maybe should have compensated more for the pockets, to better match the pattern. But it turned out really cute anyway, and I learned a lot. I’m planning to make a few different ones for holiday gifts. I used Super Saver yarn on this one in Grey Heather, for cost-effective practicing.

Thanks for stopping by!

27 Likes

Beautifully done! Welcome to the world of crochet. All of us Happy Hookers are glad to have you join our ranks.

2 Likes

Very nicely done! And I love the pattern with the pockets.

1 Like

Excellent work! I like that it is sort of like chunky lace. Crochet is addictive - luckily you have enablers around you here :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It came out awesome! Looks like you did everything right to me. :smile:

1 Like

Wow, I love this! I must add this to the list of things on my need-to-have list! Off to Pinterest! :wink:

1 Like

It looks beautiful!

1 Like

Lovely! I bought that pattern too and am like, 75% done and just have never finished it for some reason. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you all so much! Crochet is totally addictive! I was scared of it for years, and stuck with knitting. I didn’t know what I was missing! It’s my new fave.

1 Like

I made the same one for a friend and she LOVED it. Yours turned out lovely!

1 Like

:boom: Congratulations! Your awesome project is one of this week’s featured projects! :boom:

1 Like

I love this! Especially with the pockets. It’s amazing and if you make more as gifts, they will love them!

2 Likes

This looks great! Well done for tackling this at the start of your crochet journey!

1 Like

This looks perfect… I’d never have guessed you’re new(ish) to crochet!

1 Like