Current Shawl-Along Challenge - Stash Busting!
January 1 - March 31, 2020
For this challenge, you may use any yarn and any pattern you wish, but a significant portion of the yarn must come from your yarn stash.
Fine Print: You may post your finished creations at any time during the term, and you may show off progress pictures at any time. You are allowed to submit as many entries as you wish in the allotted time frame, and you will receive 1 entry into the drawing, per completed shawl.
To submit your project, please use the Header in bold below.
Crochet Shawl-Along Challenge Entry: (Name of Your Shawl)
Pattern Used: (with link, if possible)
Prize: This term the prize will be a surprise bundle of some of Mistress Jennie’s favorite crochet accessories.
Current Challenge Submissions:
- MistressJennie’s Rainbow Reading Wrap
- MistressJennie’s Calypso Shawl
- sheepBlue’s Purple Skulls Shawl
- Cyn-energy’s Cry Baby Falling Blossoms Shawl
- curiousfae’s Pineapple Lace Shawl
- AIMR’s (teal to teal) Simple Crochet Shawl
- AIMR’s (grey to teal) Simple Crochet Shawl (w/ tassels)
- CraftyMamaBee’s Lapping Waves Shawl
Suggestions for future challenges:
- Crochet the rainbow
- Floral (inspired by a flower, or adding flowers to shawl)
- Use a new-to-you yarn type
- Specific color/hue
- Sparkle or Embellishment
- Unusual Shape (beyond the triangle or rectangle)
- Using a Free Pattern
- Using a Vintage Pattern
- Complete a WIP
- Use a Single Yarn
- Use Two (or MORE) Yarns
- Make something for yourself
- Make something for charity
Possible Future Prizes: Shawl pins, new hooks, stitch markers, pattern book, yarns, etc.