Crochet sushi

In 2017 I made my small daughter an entire picnic basket full of crocheted play food, everything from pizza pie to cherry pie. There was SO much delicious looking yarn in that basket.
She’s a tween now and soooo grown up, far too mature for any of mom’s silly hand made toys, right? WRONG! Not only did she balk at the suggestion she pass along that basket to a friend’s youngster this year, she actually handed me a holiday wish list that included “cute sushi” and also “anything made by you, mom”, awww. She gave it to me with just barely enough time to craft anything but I managed this set on our drives to and from work and on a weekend trip. She loves it, she squealed out loud when she opened it, that was very satisfying :blush:

Here she’s come along to rearrange them for their photo shoot, lol. What a gal!

36 Likes

Looks good enough to eat!

1 Like

No! Don’t be a yarn licker! LOL :laughing:

I’ll leave the yarn licking to the cats!

1 Like

Those are so cute! :sushi:

1 Like

I love these! :sushi:

2 Likes

I love handmade play food, and your sushi set is adorable. It is so utterly sweet that your daughter requested that you add to her collection. I hope she keeps it and passes it along to her own children someday (or, just keeps it!).

1 Like

Well, I’m not sure that will happen. We sent @thanate her older brother’s felt play food I made him so many years ago. She sometimes goes through phases of ambivalence about her things. I like passing stuff on anyhow. I can always make more, haha!

1 Like

Super cute!

1 Like

You’re a magician with the crochet hook. These are so cute and realistic. I think You have inspired me to start making some amis again!

1 Like

Adorable! I’m no kid and I would love to receive a playset like that! Nicely done :slight_smile: And now I must have sushi, preferably for tomorrow’s lunch.

1 Like

Soo cute

1 Like

You really fulfilled her wish list. How wonderful.

1 Like

Utterly adorable. I love all the texture you worked in. And your color choices are so perfect. You know exactly what each piece is.

1 Like

Aw, thanks Jennie! I wasn’t sure about the egg yellow but what else could that one be, right?

Love it! Super cute!

1 Like

the detail is amazing!!

1 Like

Your work is amazing and you’re one lucky mama :heart:

1 Like

These are so cool! I’m also going to say that I am an adult, and I still would be unbelievably happy to receive a playset like this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

With a magnet inside they make cute fridge decorations!

2 Likes