Cross Stitch Valentines! šŸ’›

Since everyone is now posting their Valentineā€™s I thought Iā€™d get in on the action! I made these for the Handmade Valentine Card Exchange this year. I think everyone has received these with the possible exception of @Edel so Iā€™ll blur hers in case she hasnā€™t gotten it yet! :slight_smile:

These were a delight to make for sure. I LOVED all the patterns and it was hard to choose which ones to make in the end. I love Valentineā€™s puns and combine that with cross stitchā€¦well, I was pleased as punch. :blush:

The patterns all came from and issue of Cross Stitcher or Cross Stitch Crazy. I canā€™t remember at the moment but if you really want or need me to dig up which one, lemme know!

As for constructionā€¦I made the cards out of scrapbook paper, I had cut out an opening on each to peek the cross stitch through. I used re-positionable double sided tape (which I hope held up in the mail) so that way people could easily deconstruct the card and use the little cross stitch for something if they wished. (Please do!)

Alrightyā€¦here we go: the cards!

This one was oh-so-cute. We Bee-Long Together!

This one was my favorite. It made me giggle.

Youā€™re Totally Pawsome!

Another favoriteā€¦You had me at Aloe!

This one went to @edel which is why itā€™s blurred in case she hasnā€™t gotten it yet. Another favorite. So many cutie little mushrooms.

And for a bonus, I had made a digital scrapbook page of the cards I had made if you guys wanna take a peek of the paper ones as well. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Oh my goodness! What wondrous Valentineā€™s!

2 Likes

Beautiful cardsā€¦and really fun, too! You did a great job in the exchange!

2 Likes

Beautiful and funny!

2 Likes

I havenā€™t gotten it yet, but the ones youā€™ve sent and fabulous! I canā€™t wait!

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe you cross-stitched individual cards for people! That is going above and beyond! These are exquisite!

2 Likes

They are great! Love the puns.

2 Likes

Wowza! You want the extra mile! The cross stitched are fantastic. I am so slow it its. That would have taken me until next Valentines to make!

2 Likes

These are all so wonderful!

These are lovely!

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I only went with 5 cards to begin with. It wasnā€™t too bad though. Iā€™m a pretty quick cross stitcher. Took me about a week to get all the cross stitching done. :slight_smile: They were fun, little designs to do.

Cross stitching! So extra! They are all really lovely.

1 Like

So pretty and cheerful! I love the scrapbook papers you chose, and of course your meticulous stitch work.

1 Like

The fungi one is cracking me up.

1 Like

ā€œYou had me at aloeā€ pppfffttt, funny! :smile:
Those are really special.

1 Like

There were so many good puns! I had a hard time narrowing it down to these five designs. Maybe Iā€™ll make more for next year. :thinking::laughing:

So cute! I love the wee bees.