Cross stitched Christmas cards

I ordered two kits this summer to keep me busy and the other one came with a cross stitch magazine. I’m not much of a papercrafter but I can glue a piece of fabric to a card.

20 Likes

They are all so cute! And the needlework can be saved and framed as well…what a nice project!

1 Like

What a treat for the recipients. These are lovely!

2 Likes

gorgeous, I love the fox. You’re giving those away?

I’m always tempted to tell recipients that if they aren’t going to save my beautiful hand-crafted card, they should return it. But I don’t want to be like that, and what would I do with it?

So I tend to hold back the effort for people who probably won’t appreciate it, and send better specimens to those who will keep them, like the people who expressed disappointment when I sent commercial cards last year.

4 Likes

My grandmother passed earlier this year and it turns out she kept almost everything I ever made her :heart:

I don’t send them to just anyone either. First of all I don’t have time for that! But I also don’t want to waste my time and effort on someone who doesn’t appreciate handmade.

The mailbox card went to my mother, because it reminds me of England and we both love that country. The other ones went to my sewing teacher and my MIL (who is also a crafter). I’m pretty sure they’ll appreciate it.

3 Likes

They are wonderful!
I love all three of them.
I am always impressed when I receive an embroidered card (no, not meant as a hint, lol).
I got one yesterday from a lady in my local book club.

1 Like

Very sweet!

1 Like

Oh, wow! These are great! Both a card and a gift!

1 Like

These are just the sweetest.

1 Like

Those are wonderful!

1 Like

Those cards turned out wonderful. I didn’t even know an embroidery card was a thing until now. Hm…

1 Like

WOW, that is dedication for Christmas cards! They turned out great - I hope the recipients frame them.

1 Like

These are stunning. Love them all. I adore hand crafted cards. I keep them all. I agree that I only send me me to those that will appreciate it. This year though I didn’t have the energy to make individual cards. I ended up getting some of my art printed on postcards.

2 Likes

The post box is beautiful :slight_smile:

1 Like

They’re actually quite a big thing, most designers sell at least some card kits or they come with magazines.

I think they were much more popular in the past though. I remember we used to receive quite a lot of them when I was a kid in the early 90s. My grandmother used to stitch dozens of them for Christmas every year - she was disabled so she had a lot of time on her hands. The handmade cards I receive these days are mostly papercraft.

1 Like

Stitched up another card last night, just finished it and will mail it today. Hope it will arrive before Christmas! Will stitch another one this evening for Mr Imma (he will be working night shift tonight). I was lucky to find a card with the right size of aperture in my stash as the shops are closed and I’m terrible with a cutting knife.

6 Likes

Your x-stitched Christmas cards are wonderful!

1 Like

Those are wonderful! Definitely a keepsake. You did a great job with them.

1 Like

So cute! I love the fox!

1 Like

They’re all so adorable, but the doggie is my favorite.

1 Like