Crosses Mini Quilt

I made this mini quilt for a friend in a quilty swap and as it often happens as you’re making something - you fall in love with it! This mini quilt was around 20 inches square and I designed the pattern myself :blush:

My friend shared with me some inspiration photos and I chose to create a pattern around the crosses and go with one of her colour scheme choices.

I was so happy to dig into my fabric stash and use some of my favourite sweet fabrics, and low volume fabrics (of which I’m building up a collection of).

Here it is the other day in the rare sunshine in Melbourne at this time of year :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: (Today it’s been raining all day and was dark by 5pm :weary:)

The piecing was fun :relaxed: I was really happy with how accurate my piecing was :wink:

This photo highlights the quilting - it’s the most heavily quilted item I’ve made - I’m so proud!

Thanks for looking!
:dizzy:

21 Likes

It looks great! Your piecing and quilting are perfect.

1 Like

Beautiful job!

2 Likes

You did a great job on this! You have good reason to be proud of your quilting. I love how it adds an additional design element through the texture it creates. The piecing, the quilting, the whole thing is beautiful. Great job on the pattern as well!

2 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Wow! That is very well done. And I love the tiny panda fabric :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s so pretty…such a sweet mini quilt.

1 Like

You should be proud. Those are some crisp lines. Love the color palette.

1 Like

Thank you all so much for your kind words xx

This is beautiful, a great pattern and lovely choice of fabrics.

1 Like

Congrats! Your Crosses Mini Quilt is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you so much :grinning::sparkling_heart::white_heart:

1 Like

I love how well this all goes together. The muted colors are gorgeous together. It’s great that you included a close up so we can see the different fabrics. I love all of the pattern and texture including the binding. I’m happy just looking at it and am sure that she will be/is delighted to own it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lovely quilting

1 Like