Cryptozoological Swap Gallery

Absolutely stunning! I love the applique of the stitched pieces over fabric. Flawlessly executed.

Did you make the kraken, too, @JoyfulClover?? The tentacles are magnets? That’s so clever!

1 Like

I’m so happy you like her! It does seem as if jackalopes are the swap mascot, for sure!

Oh, no, no. I didn’t make the kraken. I saw it randomly while I was out. The body base is the magnet, and each arm is on a spring, so they jiggle individually! Cool, huh?

5 Likes

I got them from the Dollar Tree. I stocked up because they were pretty and pretty things don’t last long at my local store because there are alot of crafters where I live. I also have some black and purple ones.

4 Likes

Ah! Okay, thank you!

I love the hoopla!!!

1 Like

@momiemae It is so clever to put the cryptids on geode backgrounds. It adds a little punch to it. Neat!

@JoyfulClover I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that jackalope! The colors. It’s sweet face. Absolutely beautiful.

3 Likes

Oh good night, that wobbly kraken! How cool! I love the jackalope, too- such a pretty and happy design!

3 Likes

@JoyfulClover that jackalope is SO COOL! I love all the different patterns and textures you added! Even the color of the outlining thread is perfect!

3 Likes

Awww, thank you! Working in layers is always a challenge - it’s not perfect but I’m pleased with her!

4 Likes

I think she’s perfect!

2 Likes

Well, then she is!

2 Likes

That is such a lovely hoop. :heart:

2 Likes

This gallery is so great! I need to catch up with admiring everything :heart:

@chameleonhound that nessie picture is fantastic!

@Edel gorgeous sewing (as you always do), so clever!

@Dfabbric Yeti Pegleg is so sweet and thoughtful!

@saintcady wow, the underwater cutouts are amazing!

@storerboughtcreation fabulously stylish tentacle art!

@Abbeeroad that magnet is brilliant - love the 3D!

@Kwality570 Eddie is adorable, especially the gap in his teeth!

@artsycandice beautiful embroidery and I love the rather naughty expression on the jackalope!

@momiemae those geodes are so cool and original!

@JoyfulClover that layered appliqué and embroidery is just amazingly wonderful!

4 Likes

I can’t access Lettuce Craft at work, so I’m a bit behind in looking at the gallery. We’ve had some great new additions!

@artsycandice I mentioned it in the swap thread you created for your hoop, but I love the fact that you used the multicolored background. It just adds a whole extra layer of whimsy.

And speaking of layers, @JoyfulClover that hoop that you made is AMAZING! Those layers are fantastic. I love all of the fabrics you picked and it looks so perfectly stitched. I’m in awe!!!

What a fun project from @momiemae ! Those geodes are neat! I don’t blame you for scooping them up when you can find them!

3 Likes

I received from @EriChanHime!

It’s a wonderful colorful amabie (Japanese cryptid that’s said to help cure disease in times of epidemics), and even has its name there in gold thread! I love all the colorful scales. :slight_smile: This will go so well with my growing collection of hoops! I’m still trying to decide if I want to scatter them all around my new apartment or make a single large hoop wall…

She also sent a selection of really cute Japanese paper accessories and stickers! I’m sure those will come in handy for ATCs and things! XD

Thanks so much!! <3

10 Likes

I have heard of that creature before! I like the way the scales are done. It almost looks like chainmail armor on it.

3 Likes

Wow, that is so cool @EriChanHime!! I love how you did the scales :grinning:

3 Likes

Great stitching as usual from @EriChanHime! The tinting is fabulous as well!

3 Likes

Since we all love swaps here. I thought I would make sure no one misses any discussions on the next round.

2 Likes

@EriChanHime Nice work with that gold thread, metallic floss always looks super challenging! I love the scales too! They remind me a bit of Eric Carle’s rainbow fish. Love it!

3 Likes