Cryptozoology Swap Rnd 2 Gallery

Everything is so cute. Mailed out today, hopefully its fast.

2 Likes

Squee, excited!
I have one last thing to finish but it’s the biggest thing, of course.

2 Likes

I received from @Dfabbric, awesome items! Check out Elwetritsch Lady, her tata’s are faboo! I am guessing you had to design this patch yourself and that is so very cool, thank you.

Y’all can be envious of this other badge, you know you want it. All mines, haha!

This rainbow sparkle shiny amazing stuff makes a very groovy journal cover, and Footie is adorkable too, ha.

I think there was a concern that I wouldn’t understand how this doohickey works but I totally got it, it’s to close the book. Bonus, it looks like a stylized Nessie!

I came down to the studio to finish something up and put on an episode of Bones,
S6E18 just happens to be about the Chupacabra. How cool and ooky is that?

11 Likes

Be prepared for the amazing and overloaded package i got from @Kwality570 !
She really spoiled me.
First, the abundance of extras.
Amazing stickers & postcard. I love this artist. They are so cute!

I mentioned wanting to try a new medium so she sent me some destressing crayons and then these adorable paper clips.

Some cute notecards, a wonderful Kwality monster notebook (I love notebooks!), and an awesome Nessie lapel pin! I am going to wear this pin tomorrow at work.

Yes, we are still on extras. Lol! The funniest alligator chip clips. So much fun! Then this Ikea bag. Its an inside joke and i laughed so hard when i saw it. Kwality570 and I met and went to Ikea.
One time when we were having a little mod Zoom meet up, i was asked what kind of glue i used. I held up my Elmers to gasps. She sent me some amazing new glue that i cant wait to use.

Now some of the main crafts.
This utterly amazing paint brush stand in the form of Nessie! Its so fantastic! What did you make her out of? I love her!

And this beyond adorable Yeti and Bigfoot artwork! I love it so much. Its done in layers and has so much depth! I love their happy little faces! Its going up in the living room.

I got another piece of artwork! I love getting artwork! I think this little monster may go to work with me to brighten up my work area. Also, a zipper pull/clip with an adorable Nessie in a bottle. I love the colors and silky fibers.

Thank you so much for this incredibly amazing, phenomenal package. I love everything!

10 Likes

That paint brush stand is adorable and GENIUS!

5 Likes

The paintbrush stand is epic, indeed, @Kwality570 !!

3 Likes

It is super cute! Pictures don’t do it justice. I love it!

2 Likes

Amazing gallery! @Kwality570 ’s artwork is always a win! And the paintbrush stand is genius!

1 Like

And don’t forget to make a post with your goodies for the rest of the site to see too! You made it, share it!

3 Likes

I received from @chameleonhound today. First, the awesome card and outside of the piece…

Then you lift the lid to reveal this awesome scene woth Bigfoot and Nessie visiting eachother. She was inspired by the image on the card of bigfoot with a suitcase… where were they going? Clearly traveling to visit another cryptid! :laughing: Oh, and the figures move within the scene. What??? I love it! Thank you!

12 Likes

I received from @JoyfulClover today! She made me a Bunyip :grin:

She added an aboriginal message on the side. I haven’t deciphered all of it yet.

??? Moon Person

??? meeting place

Water?

I’m off to try to figure out the remaining symbols! :hearts:

8 Likes

@storerboughtcreation ! This is the bunyip taken directly from the Naomi Novik wiki. I did some research to find out how the bunyip fits into the fandom, and used that to craft a very simple message. I really hope I didn’t misinterpret (sp - i really hate no spell check) the lore.

I didn’t know if you would want to know what it said, or if you enjoyed the puzzle? It said an agreement was made to keep the bunyip satisfied.

At night, ‘man’ take/leave the kangaroo at the meeting place at the mountain

2 Likes

That is what happened in the book. :blush:

I don’t usually enjoy fantasy books much, but I ended up listening to all nine of the Temeraire audiobooks. In a later book, bunyips are introduced. I found them to be a fun cryptid addition to the books. Has anyone else read the series?

2 Likes

Look what cutie arrived from @storerboughtcreation !

It’s a micro crochet Nessie!

These are some WEE stitches! With sparkly sequin (sp) that look like water droplets

Thank you so much, @storerboughtcreation ! Shes fantastic!

9 Likes

I forgot to measure her before I sent. I made one in worsted weight yarn with a bigger hook, and it was 27 inches long. There are pipe cleaners in the neck so the neck can be bent some.

2 Likes

Oh everyone’s projects look so cool! I love the creativity!

2 Likes

The Bigfoot an Nessie diorama is so clever! I love how they are each wearing something to reflect the homeland of the other. Very clever!

I may have heard of a bunyip in passing, but don’t recall seeing one! This is really cool and I love the wood burning on the hoop itself! Brilliant!

And the little Nessie is too, too cute!! The pipe cleaner neck is an excellent idea!

3 Likes

So many amazing cryptids, but my favorite came in the mail for me this weekend! Check out these absolutely fantastic sea monsters @artsycandice painted for me! I had the “here be monsters” creatures from old timey maps on my list of favorites, and boy did she deliver!

They are stunning! My house partner agrees, and I’d barely finished unwrapping them before we started scouting out wall spaces for them! Thank you thank you!

11 Likes

Yay!! I am so glad you like them. :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Oh wow! The map monsters are crazy cool!!!

2 Likes