D & F Contest - Spring Cleaning with a Twist!

I repurposed otherwise-unusable faded yarn and old/weak thread (as well as discard items like used dryer sheets and lint) to make a Temari ball.
Temari Ball: D&F 2020 Q1 Contest Entry

5 Likes

I was wondering what you were making with that! I should have guessed. Nice entry!

2 Likes

That turned out fantastic! Thanks for entering :smiley:

1 Like

REMINDER! Thereā€™s one week left to enter this Contest :smiley:

2 Likes

I really hope I am able to complete the entry I want to use in time, otherwise Iā€™ll use my backup entry.

2 Likes

All done :smiley:

4 Likes

I posted my ā€œplant eating pig preventerā€ at

2 Likes

We did it! My husband and I were able to complete this monster of a project in before the challenge deadline! Even a day early! Woohoo!

Check out my phew, wow chaise to couch transformation. Now I can be comfortable without purchasing new furniture!

1 Like

Last day to enter!

2 Likes

Hereā€™s my last minute entry:

2 Likes

Hereā€™s my totally last minute submission!

2 Likes

Iā€™m loving these last-minute entries, keep it coming! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I was thrilled to see a few in my challenge too! Loving all the site participation. :heart:

1 Like

Voting is open now in the first post of this thread :slight_smile: :heart:

Thank you to everyone that submitted an entry! Now go vote!

2 Likes

Good luck everyone! So many fantastic entries to choose fromā€¦itā€™ll be hard to pick a favorite!

I was so happy to see such a variety of ideas on how to save and repurpose stuff! It made me much more aware of my own tossing out habits and has given me a new respect for those who truly enjoy taking old stuff and giving it new life!

Good luck, everyoneā€¦I voted (in my head) for all of you, but voted (for real) for my favorite!

1 Like

I think I voted? Iā€™m not seeing a Vote button to confirm my choice as in the swap poll, but the post seems to be remembering my choice. I didnā€™t pay close enough attention to the number of voters before I picked to recognize whether I increased it.

I prefer polls like this that count how many people vote but do not show how many votes each entry got. In some cases, like the swap poll, it is ok.

1 Like

Oh, totally agree. I just meant my only frame of reference is the swap poll, which had a specific action for confirming my vote. I realize now that was likely because that poll allows multiple selections, so unless someone says otherwise Iā€™m content Iā€™ve done my civic LC duty here :+1:.

1 Like

oh, me, tooā€¦I voted in the swap and got confused on this oneā€¦ha haā€¦I am with you thereā€¦my brain only remembers what I did last and new stuff blows it all away! ha