I’ve been super busy lately working on large projects, but in between those projects I’ve also been working on some smaller pieces - like these hair clips. They have lots of petals and are big, but I didn’t have to experiment or figure out anything special for them. I love trying new things, but It’s nice to break things up by doing something that doesn’t require a ton of active brain power or problem solving.
This dahlia is a bit of a gradient, using a combination of hot pink/magenta and medium pink petals. I had these on hand already, which was great. I’ve been trying to work through some of the colors I’ve had for a long time and make room for new colorways.
For the hydrangea I thought I’d make some multicolored petals that have the feel of vintage hydrangeas. I haven’t done watercolor dye technique in a while, and I’ve been wanting to do that again so I did dye some new silk for this one.
I worked my way through the oval frame stampings, and used up the rest of my large size hair clips. Next I’ll be working on some smaller clips, I think. :3 But first, I need to finish up the two major projects I’ve got in progress.