Daily Creative Practice Journal travel case (pic heavy)

I took a virtual workshop yesterday with Andrea from A Work of Heart where we painted and stitched canvas to make a carrying case for our Daily Creative Practice Journals. It was SO much fun and I am absolutely in love with my finished travel case! It has so many little pockets and ways to carry things. I’m looking forward to using it!

Outside closed

Top view

Outside, completely opened

Inside the front case, carrying pocket for bone folder and other small supplies. You can see my January DCPJ in the pocket in front of the polkadots

Pocket behind the pen holder

Back flap with removable pen holder and clear pocket

Zip pouch and hidden pocket behind the front flap

Open, empty

And an in-progress pic

31 Likes

This looks so awesome! And great with all the pockets!

2 Likes

This is just so dang cool! Absolutely gorgeous to look at and then ever so practical!

2 Likes

How many hearts can I give something!?!?! The fact that I can only give one is crazy. I want to give this 1,000,000. This is absolutely phenomenal! I love everything about it. Was it hard to stitch through the canvas and paint or do you have a heavy duty sewing machine?

3 Likes

Love, love love!
:heart_eyes:
So very artsy chic! And so very functional too.

2 Likes

Hahaha right?! I am OBSESSED with it and kind of can’t believe I actually made it!

I was using a heavy duty sewing machine so it didn’t have any issues going through the layers. At one point I was sewing through 4 layers of painted canvas + 2 layers of sheet protectors, so that would be the hardest part. Judging off what I could see in other’s studios, I don’t think a heavy duty machine would be required.

3 Likes

This is absolutely the coolest!!! You should be in love with it. It’s awesome!!! :star_struck:

2 Likes

This is fabulous :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Totally cool and useful!

2 Likes

Ditto … she said it perfectly

2 Likes

That is very cool!

2 Likes

Girl, I love this so hard.

2 Likes

Every piece of this is just so amazing!

2 Likes

This came out so awesome! I love the mix of using the canvas

2 Likes

:star_struck: Well, what do you know, your wonderful craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :tada:

5 Likes

this looks awesome!

2 Likes

Beautiful!

2 Likes

I echo allll the thoughts and feelings. :heart_eyes: My first instinct was that we all need this exact thing and we need it NOW!!! But a more reasonable version of myself has since realized that a big part of what makes this so awesome is that it is all-you. Not just a great fabric design, but YOUR design, put on there by hand, not manufactured, and you put in the work to learn how to do it and stitch it all up. No other piece will ever be exactly the same. If you’re in a slump, you can pull out your supplies and look at this and be reminded/reassured that you’ve got it in you. It might inspire someone else, but not in the same way.
Of course we can’t all do all the things, and swapping the outcomes of diverse creative styles and talents with each other is lots of fun (and educational). But for something that is used within a daily creative practice, this shows me how it may be more motivating to use things you’ve constructed and/or decorated yourself, if you take pride in them.

9 Likes

It’s awesome!

2 Likes

Oooh! @Kwality570 was swooning over this and I can see why. It is fantastic. I love all the details and pockets and the fact that you painted on the canvas to make that design. Stunning.

1 Like