50 Projects, Let's Do This! 2022

Are those candy corn beads? :open_mouth:

It makes sense to do a lot of projects while you have all the supplies out…productive weekend!

Yes they are! It’s never too early for Halloween :smile:
I do wear them all at once too, the bracelets at least.

10 Likes

Pretty! I like the stacked look of bracelets and beaded necklaces! I do that with my macrame bracelets…

2 Likes

So many nice bracelets! Now I wanna make some too, but I dont have the materials! :sweat_smile: Love all of your suncatchers!

How is everyone feeling about their project list this year?

Let’s hear from you…every reply to this will earn a ticket for a prize to be awarded June 15!

Have fun and strive to reach your goal, whether it is one project or 150 projects!

1. Are you making more or less than last year?
  2. Are your projects larger or smaller?
  3. Are you doing more new projects or finishing up WIPS?
  4. Are your projects for others, excluding swaps, or yourself?
  5. Have you made things for swaps, community or personal?
  6. Have you made something just random, not on your list, just because you love it or found it while browsing? What did you make? Bonus for a pic! (extra entry)
  7. What was the most favorite thing you made this year? Bonus for a pic! (extra entry)
  8. What was the least favorite thing you made this year?
  9. Did anyone on this site inspire you to make something similar? Shout out with a tag to them and show your project with a pic! Bonus!
6 Likes

I’ve been doing more art journal classes/pages and as a result feel like I’m making less actual “projects”. I’ve done something creative everyday this year so far and I hope to keep the momentum going.

For the most part my projects this year have been for myself, with a few swaps mixed in (Ongoing ATC swap, and a few personal swaps).

I don’t have a list so all of my projects are usually on a whim. Here’s a page I did in February because I felt like playing with watercolors.

My most favorite is so hard to pick! I’d say it’s a toss up between a few

Travel art case

Bumberet towels (in the washing machine now for wet finishing)

Art journal page from a Wanderlust lesson

My least favorite has probably been a few art journal pages that didn’t turn out the way I was hoping. I’m still in heavy learning mode so often my colors don’t work out the way I’d like or I’m unable to get the effect I see in my head.

Thanks for posting the questions, it was fun to go back through my photos and remember everything I’ve done already this year.

Edited to add - I forgot to add that I was inspired to make @MistressJennie’s spiced pear muffins! They were so good!

10 Likes

That art journal is something I missed! I am hoping that we will all get to revisit favorites of ours and others…always inspiring. I am aware that I will probably be adding to my already long list of things I want to make.

Your pictures are inspiring! It is fabulous to see you go from textile to paper so readily…both influence the other and your style is emerging nicely!

2 Likes

Are you making more or less than last year? So far I think its less, but overall I aim for more.

Are your projects larger or smaller? I do them both. Its nice to have variations in time and effort needed.

Are you doing more new projects or finishing up WIPS? More new projects, but trying to work on some WIPs too.

Are your projects for others, excluding swaps, or yourself? As making stuff and giving away is my love language, I do mostly for other. But some bits and pieces stays with me.

Have you made things for swaps, community or personal? I have made for swaps, and Im planning on doing for some charitys too. But mainly its personal.

Have you made something just random, not on your list, just because you love it or found it while browsing? What did you make? Bonus for a pic! (extra entry) Yes! How can you not?! (my latest project that is not finished just yet)

What was the most favorite thing you made this year? Bonus for a pic! (extra entry) I think its the tiny croc that I knitted for my brother. Just because it was an fast and easy, and also fun project. And if you want, you can hide candy or whatever in his mouth! :smiley:

What was the least favorite thing you made this year? I think the grey little amigurumi wolf is my least favorite thing. He turned out smaller and not as I had in mind. But he is still cute.

Did anyone on this site inspire you to make something similar? Shout out with a tag to them and show your project with a pic! Bonus! Oooh, there are some who have inspired. I did not participate in the suncatcher class, but there were so many beautiful, so I took some beads and made my own (last year tho). But one I have a photo of should be one of my ATC’s that I made. I dont remember who did the art thou and I cant find it again, but it was so beautiful!
Here is my attempt:

11 Likes

I loved that tiny alligator! It amazes me when people can use yarn to create such tiny treasures!

I am also making more stuff for me…I think events in the world made me realize how much we need to use the good stuff and take care of ourselves emotionally and creatively. Charity in our own communities gives us hope, pride and a feeling of control and accomplishments!

Well done!

5 Likes
  • Are you making more or less than last year?
    Definitely less than last year so far. I counted projects last year and I had 95. This year my health has slowed me down a little, but I’ve started crafting more again!
  • Are your projects larger or smaller?
    Definitely larger. A lot more blankets have been in the works
  • Are you doing more new projects or finishing up WIPS?
    More new projects. I’ve been trying to limit my wips
  • Are your projects for others, excluding swaps, or yourself?
    A mixture of both
  • Have you made things for swaps, community or personal?
    For swaps and personal. I did just make something my husband will display at the public library branch he works at
  • Have you made something just random, not on your list, just because you love it or found it while browsing? What did you make? Bonus for a pic! (extra entry)
    Of course! I was going through old emails, and I had one from @Smeddley from like 8 years ago with the pattern for this awesomeness. I pulled out my aida right away and started stitching!
  • What was the most favorite thing you made this year? Bonus for a pic! (extra entry)
    My rainbow Sholach blanket :heart:
  • What was the least favorite thing you made this year?
    This gymnast cross stitch. I was asked to make it, but the pattern isn’t my aesthetic and not what I would have chosen to make.
  • Did anyone on this site inspire you to make something similar? Shout out with a tag to them and show your project with a pic! Bonus!
    @Smeddley did a gnomeaggedon, and ever since then I’ve wanted to make a gnome. So I finally did :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
7 Likes

I knew you guys would post hidden gems that people might have missed! You guys must be hiding your loot in the Nerd games or the HP Craftalongs!!!

OMG–that blanket…I remember thinking that no human could have made that!

I adore that little gnome…so cool that it seems @smeddley is your LC muse!

2 Likes

I need to get better about posting project pages. Since I share most things in the snapshot or art journaling thread, I figure everyone has seen it already.

5 Likes

I always check the HP craftalong…I saw so many projects that never were given their own posts! I encourage people to browse more…I want to see it ALL! lol

5 Likes

I have noticed that I see so many treasures in the snapshot page, but not as many project posts. Off to look over my very short list…

1 Like

How is everyone feeling about their project list this year?

My list of want-to-makes gets so long and then I take forever making any one thing so it is a little like a good frustration. I’m pleased with what I am producing for the most part but want to Make All The Things.

I’m in the act of making much more this year since setting the intention of doing a little crafting every day, and I think the actual made items are more currently than were at the same time as last year. Doing a few new swaps helped.

I feel like they are larger or larger time commitments- several blankets, fingerless gloves, large crochet owls, a wreath… but I have done smaller items as well (indoor snowball fight, sock puppet).

More new projects, definitely. And currently I think I only have one started and languishing WiP, which is unheard of. I have the Christmas socks that got put in time out. Other than that I think the only started and not finished project is my current working one.

Others. Although I have a list of things I’d like to make for myself/my house. I’m hoping once I finish my current baby gift I can start something from that list before I get sucked into another grand gift idea.

I have. The fingerless gloves, hydrangea, rag wreath and shawl were all swaps.

6. Have you made something just random, not on your list, just because you love it or found it while browsing? What did you make? Bonus for a pic! (extra entry)

I have! I made the indoor snow ball fight just on a whim as a means to have fun freeing up some room in the yarn stash. And the kid legwarmers were made when I received some fun yarn in a swap.

7. What was the most favorite thing you made this year? Bonus for a pic! (extra entry)

Ohhh that’s tough. For different reasons I would choose different things. But I think either the second stuffed owl (I love how the wings came out when I ran out of yarn) or the rag wreath (Of which I got zero good pics!)

The sock puppet. While cute and hitting the mark on an in-joke in the household it didn’t work out quite as I wanted it to go.

9. Did anyone on this site inspire you to make something similar? Shout out with a tag to them and show your project with a pic! Bonus!

Pretty much this whole site is one big pot of inspiration! The first thing that comes to mind is how Mistress Jennie’s various wreaths inspired me to buy the forms in the first place.

As I answered these questions I realize that I am one of the people that keeps a lot of my projects in the HP thread and not out in their own posts. I should rectify that!

Thanks for the nudge to evaluate the making in my life, @AIMR!

10 Likes

How cute to make indoor snowballs! Gives me an idea of what to give to some of the kids in our neighborhood since we don’t get snow!

I feel like that we all have different areas of our crafting lives that we have come to accept and embrace…our energy levels and things that excite us come and go, but we all seem to find our way back. I just thought it was a good time to take stock and to find out more about each other and what we are going.

I will answer the questionnaire as well since I see a lot of commonality and differences in each of our answers! It is interesting to read and learn, I find.

BTW, I am submitting a picture of your rag wreath…it was lovely!

ragwreath

Post on @antbee’s Rag Wreath

8 Likes

Oh my gosh. I have the sudden intense urge to make my kids leg warmers. It’s only going to be 90 here this weekend…

5 Likes

Little leg warmers are so so cute!!!

1 Like
    I am making fewer not so much as less, because…

My projects are tending to be a bit bigger, I think.

I don’t have a lot of WIPs: I tend to finish or totally give up. But I do feel like I have done more projects that I have had vague plans to make for years this year.

I tend to make practical things, even if what makes it practical is that it is a gift for someone on our list. But this year so far I have made more things “for the house” which is basically something for (mostly) me. I have a longer project that is totally just for me and not at all practical going this year and maybe into next!

I’m having a hard time remembering just when I made some things! Were those swaps this year or last?

6. Have you made something just random, not on your list, just because you love it or found it while browsing? What did you make? Bonus for a pic! (extra entry) Delia’s Schmozalotl disguise was something that popped into my head and I just had to make it!

7. What was the most favorite thing you made this year? Bonus for a pic! (extra entry) Hmmmm. Probably the room that will eventually be a diorama. This is the longer project that’s just for me mentioned in #4.

Another flippin’ mask. Ugh.

@Reinikka, @Magpie, @geekgirl inspired me to give masterboards a real try for swap!
    EnvPaper-Masterboards01

13 Likes

I am always amazed at how many of your projects take so many steps. You have a lot of patience also for small, intricate cutting and “neatening” things up. It is your attention to detail and the finishes that make your projects outstanding to me!

That room is going to be amazing!!!

I always feel like members here are so willing to share their ideas and give excellent tutorials and support. I would not have tried so many things if not for them…masterboards, fabric beads, quilting tips, assemblage…just so much!

Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes