Dinosaur Swap - Gallery

its actually all traditional piecing!
the blocks are 2 of the 4 dinos from Elizabeth Hartman’s “Dinosaurs” pattern
i did the quilting using a computerized long arm at work, which is always so much fun!
:t_rex:

5 Likes

yay! i’m so glad it arrived safely!
i had so much fun making that mini quilt… i just love Elizabeth Hartman patterns so much!

2 Likes

I am doing her Flamingo and I have her Koala in the wings…they are pretty fun patterns and I love that they are just traditional piecing! You picked fabulous colors as well!

3 Likes

I recieved my goodies from @roller today!
I am so excited to have this space dino ready to hang when I’m in my new place, and this covered journal is AWESOME! makes me want to get better about tracking all my stuff :slight_smile:

14 Likes

@roler, I love that hoop. Dinos in space! Its so cute and so well done. The background is perfect and its so whimsically fun. I also loved the notebook. As an avid (borderlines obsessive) note take, I love notebooks. It is very cool. Great package.

2 Likes

Such amazing packages! The dino constellation fabric is wonderful with a great quilt too!

Then the trex in space, so cute!

1 Like

Oh I’m so glad you like it! Honestly I got so spoiled by both my swap partners this season, I was really feeling kinda guilty! You absolutely knocked it out of the park!

The notebook cover was a new thing to me; most of my crafts are just kinda stream-of-thought decorations that don’t actually have to fit onto anything, so making something that fit a specific size of notebook was intimidating, but fortunately the tutorial I found was very easy to follow, and I was so happy with how it came out. :slight_smile:

The hoop is based on a cross-stitch pattern I saw on @wereradletshug’s pinterest board. I just did a felt interpretation. The only space-themed fabric I had was too busy for a background, but I found a really cheap space wall hanging online that I just cut up instead. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And I still have plenty of it left for MORE dinos in space, should I choose to make some! XD

(Love your cute sheets too, btw!)

1 Like

I received from @AuFish some awesome wonderfulness.

First is this adorable cuddly dino keychain:

Second is a paper mached pterodactyl. I appreciate that she stepped outside of her comfort zone to try a new technique:

And thirdly this little dino with it’s massive balloon animal dino on a string. I a balloon twister and appreciate all things ballooney.

Thank you for swapping with me. These pieces are so cute and fun. :heart:

11 Likes

The balloon dino is hilarious!

1 Like

That paper mache is amazing!!!

1 Like

Does the Pterry fly? Oh my gosh, how cool.
I hope to see that in the kinetic craftalong with progress pics, it is awesome!

1 Like

The paper mache dino is so cool! And I love the balloon dino, so cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’m glad you liked it all @artsycandice! It is always fun to try new things.

1 Like

@AuFish That paper mache pterodactyl is AMAZEBALLS! I love the colors you chose! Fantastic!!

1 Like

@aufish, the dino with the balloon dino is the cutest thing ever! I absolutely love it! It’s so personalized and I love the expression on the little guys face.

2 Likes

The little guy with the balloon is magical!

1 Like

The little guy with the balloon was based on the Micropachycephalosaurus they only weigh up to 5lbs. So tiny! Thanks for the compliments.

My amazing packages from @artsycandice arrived today, but pics will have to wait for tomorrow for light. I love it so much!

3 Likes

I received from @RagingSloth and I am just so happy to share her phenomenal skill!

She made a MAQ! of ankylosaurus!

Just LOOK AT THOSE COLORS! They make my heart sing.

It was really interesting to check out all the techniques she used on her (but again, look at those prints!):

Applique, quilting, embroidery. And look at the detailing on her head:

You can also see the applique outlining she did here as well. She also used the clear poly thread, which I have never been brave enough to try as many people say it’s a beast to work with, so I’ll just admire the use here.

Then she made a Fancy Brontosaurus, who is ready for Tea. She’s sporting her party skinsuit:

She also sent extras - a little smartie dino
Smarties

and a raptor bag

Thank you so much, @RagingSloth! You were excellent to me! I’m sorry I didn’t send any extras - but now I know you do!

12 Likes

@RagingSloth That art quilt is absolutely stunning. I love the fabrics that you picked. You’re a fabric wizard. The little party dinosaur makes my heart happy. I really want to go to that party. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Omg @AuFish all three of those pieces are so darn cute! The flapping mobile looks sooo cool and perfect to hang from the ceiling of an eclectic study, and the tiny baby with its huge balloon is making my heart squee!

Meanwhile, @RagingSloth, that quilt! So gorgeous! I am amazed by all you talented quilters on this site!! :slight_smile: And the tea-time dino looks absolutely fabulous. :slight_smile:

This is shaping up to be one of my all time favorite galleries!

3 Likes