Ditty bag using the good stuff

New bag for bathroom travel incidentals, like toothbrushes and floss and soap. It’s about 9x6".

I’ve had the butterfly fabric for a couple of years; I got a yard and have used it sparingly in a couple of projects because I love it so much. When I decided to make this bag, I chose the prettiest fabric in stash. It makes me happy to look at it!
I got the lining a few days ago; both from David Textiles, at Walmart.

25 Likes

I love seeing items made from people’s favourite fabrics! So good to have something that makes you happy. And this fabric really is vibrant and happy :slight_smile: I made a tiny little drawstring bag from a tiny little scrap of some purple batik-y print I had for years. Loved that fabric but never knew what to do with it. Now it hangs on its little hook (in the bathroom) and I get to see it every day.

3 Likes

A great use for such a pretty print! Love the lining print, too.

3 Likes

This is lovely, go you for using the good stuff. Beautiful prints

2 Likes

Pretty! Love your fabric choices!

I need something like this for my kiddo. What pattern did you use?

2 Likes

made it up as I went along, as usual.
Basically a rectangle with the top corners cut into a curve. Add fabric on each end of the zipper to make it as long as the top and side edges. Put a pocket on one side, just in case you need one.

6 Likes

Great bag and gorgeous fabric! Kudos for winging it, too.

3 Likes

Oh this is soooo pretty!

1 Like

Bags are great for that special fabric because you can take it with you. I love how fresh and bright this is!

2 Likes

This is gorgeous and looks like just the perfect size!

1 Like

Such a pretty bag!

1 Like

:blossom: Your wonderful craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Beautiful fabric! I totally see why it was hoarded in the stash. It will make you happy every time you look at it in the form of a bag now though.

1 Like

I love practical projects that are pretty as well! Love the outside zipper pocket to hold more things…and, it is a fabric that you love…wonderful job!

1 Like

Cute. I really love the lining fabric.

1 Like