Doll Clothes - Talk Scrappy To Me Challenge Entry

I’ve just finished a few clothes for a doll I plan to give my little niece for an upcoming b-day. They are left-over bits from whatever projects I have been working on - taking advantage of correct colour thread in the machine. (Not modelled are a maxi denim skirt & a linen dress. There are also winter clothes I did earlier in the year and a variety of shoes, purses, nighties, undies, workout clothes, headbands & sundresses from last summer. I have a little suitcase I hope to make into a carrying case. I think my OCD has taken hold of this project…)

Some of the left over bits from my last Frankendress with a sample of last year’ sandals & purses.

17 Likes

You created a lot of cute outfits, both for yourself and the doll! You managed to put those scraps to stylishly good use, right down to all the headbands! The suitcase carrying case sounds like a great way to store the doll and all her outfits and a great way to present this fun gift!

1 Like

My goodness! You niece is going to have so much fun with her super stylish doll and all these outfits!

2 Likes

I suspect you had just as much fun dressing the doll as your niece will…they are all so cute and will be a nice reminder of you to your niece if she sees you wearing clothes made from the fabric!

2 Likes

Hahaha! I did this exact same thing. I made a dress for my neices doll and I couldn’t stop. It’s so much fun. Your outfits are incredible. I love how they are all so unique and stylish. Your niece is going to go bananas for these!

4 Likes

Wow! This gal has a great wardrobe! If weren’t already the favorite Aunt, you sure will be! :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words and reassuring me I’m not the only one to get caught up doing this!

1 Like

Thank you, You might be right - I’m now thinking I should keep the doll here for my nieces to play with when they visit me!

2 Likes

Awesome job using up scraps! (Psst… Be sure to post a link to your post in the Talk Scrappy to Me Challenge thread, so it will be considered for the voting.) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wow! You made a whole closetful of outfits! The blue cowl neck frock is my fave, & the denim suit. That’s referred to here as a Canadian Tuxedo :laughing:

2 Likes

I told my neighbour I would wear a Canadian Tuxedo for our Canada Day party, since I don’t have anything red, but it was too hot! (There’s a clip of Ryan Gosling, on the red carpet for the ‘Barbie’ movie, hoping his ‘Ken’ outfit would spark the revival of the Canadian Tuxedo!)

1 Like

I hope I did the link correctly - I had too many windows open. Also I was distracted by the repeated broadcast warnings of a tornado in the area!

1 Like

These are all super cute! Love the denim outfit especially.

1 Like