Draw'tober Craft(art)-a-long

I love bybun!

And I have always wanted to do a drawalong - that Mabs looks good! But I’m slammed right now. I’ll watch the thread for posts, though, and maybe get a couple in! Can’t wait to see what is made!

I’m never going to finish one of those lists because one a day seems a bit overwhelming. I’ve tried in years past and never get past the first few days. I get behind and then give up.
What if we did “Lettucetober” and did an abbreviated list of 2 or 3 per week instead for just all of us here? Maybe we could do a random number generator to pick which items from the three lists that are in this post?

4 Likes

I won’t mind a special lettuce draw-along. I will try to doodle something every day, I know I have time while I’m on “breaks” from cleaning or studying :smile: a small doodle, don’t need to be colored, just as long as I try the theme.

You get to draw yourself!

1 Like

Yeah, I wasn’t thinking intricate details, either, unless I’m really feeling it. Or maybe it would be an intricately detailed body part. Meh, we’ll see.

I did this one year but embroidered everything instead of drawing. It was lots of fun.

9 Likes

@kittykill - ambitious lady over heeeerrrre

@PrincessP - That video was so helpful and motivating. I have time to myself today since the kiddo is at the school building so I can prep my paper and pick out some supplies I’d like to use. I was going to print out the list, too, but I think I’ll take her advice and write it out. I have a bunch of sketchbooks around here, I just need to gather them up. It did make me a li’l sad, though, because I used to be much better at drawing than I am now… it’s like I’m in retrograde. sigh But! Maybe I’ll surprise myself by doing this.

1 Like

Yes, I can just picture Miss Carol Ann Connecticut! Self portrait.

I was thinking of doing a zen doodle calendar for October, picking and choosing the prompts. Since 2020 has been so scary, it will become a very frightening decoration for years to come.

6 Likes

Truth!

Pretty sure Mab Graves has an altered list of a prompt a week or every few days something like that? Might be worth checking out :slight_smile:

I like how our art-along is evolving into everyone’s own version, and it’s going to be great to see everyone’s contributions along the way :slight_smile:

I’m a bit firmer one the idea of Peachtober with a Harry Potter twist - well that’s the idea in my head anyway :wink: I like seeing people’s inktobers (and so on) that are all around a theme.

All of the above prompt lists can be found on IG, where there is a massive opportunity for inspiration and ideas, I’ll definitely be jumping on there to share too. My IG is @laurencrafts

Is anyone else on IG? What’s your username?

1 Like

I have my ATCs on there. the_real_irid3sc3nt

I purchased some simple sketchbooks at the craft store. They’re about 28 pages and have a sewn seam rather than a ring bound or hardcover. I think they’ll be great. I also bought a journal for myself, so we’ll see how that goes.

1 Like

Here’s another option for those wanting to take it slower…

4 Likes

Aaaaand another one by one of my favourite Aussie artists, Jane Davenport

Today I did a lot of prep work for my Peach-Potter-tober… I’ve brainstormed ideas for each prompt, and have gathered research images for the first 7 days :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m on IG as Kwality570 and I will totally do SLOWTOBER! Yay! I feel good about 1 art in 4 days. Thanks for sharing that one.

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, there are too many great sets of prompts to choose from!! It’s afternoon on October 1st here already so I’d better get cracking!

2 Likes

Loving the idea of slowtober! I still might mix and match prompts from the different lists for one that inspires though but maybe try to do 1 every 4 days like in slowtober. :smile:

1 Like

I’m going to try to follow this prompt series

My biggest hang up with prompts in October is that October is the month where u buckle down on winter holiday gift making/planning. I’m hoping to use this prompt series as more of a creative exercise/warm up. Fingers crossed that I can cross off at least 50% by the 31st.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see what you come up with :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are so many prompt sets! Of course being October I’m mostly interested in the “darker” themes. But i love the Hairloween one XD

Ok, I’ve found a few others I like, haven’t decided which one I will do yet, still have a few hours before I can do anything artsy. There are so many more I found but I don’t want to have a massive post. HOWEVER, even though I love the hair one, and plenty of others, I think I’m going to do the Drawtober by Olive & Bone because it has two “free” spots so I can fill those up with other themes I might want to try out.

5 Likes

Ooooooo! Olive & Bone! Good add!

1 Like