Draw'tober Craft(art)-a-long

I know it’s sneaking up on us, but is there anyone who is planning on doing one of the MANY drawing prompt lists for October? I still haven’t decided which list I’m going to do, but I know I do want to do one.
Having never done it before, I was hoping we could support each other and cheer each other on in our online community.
I’m going to share some prompt lists here, but please share some more if you know of them :smiley:

Drawloween - Mab Graves

Peachtober - furrylittlepeach

Inktober

Whimsyween - James Luke Burke Creative

1. Karen Fay KitchenAid
  2. Miss Jo C Dough
  3. Miss Penelope Kim Picnic
  4. Miss Marilyn Joy McMansion
  5. Miss Katherine Lynn Cupcake
  6. Miss Carol Ann Connecticut
  7. Miss Charmaine Von DaySpa
  8. Miss Sarah Meg Stepford
  9. Miss Roger Alan RoboRover
  10. Miss Mary Dee MensClub
  11. Miss Betty Mae BookClub
  12. Miss Cindy Marie SunHat
  13. Miss Patricia Gwen Pearls
  14. Miss Audrey Sue ATM
  15. Miss Bobbie Lee BakeSale
  16. Miss Joanna Jane NanoChip
  17. Miss Claire Jo Apron
  18. Miss Gracie Lou RealLady
  19. Miss Eliza Beth Sugar
  20. Miss Barbara Millicent Groceries
  21. Miss Jemimah Rae SUV
  22. Miss Sandra Opal SunDress
  23. Miss Brie Joy SmartHouse
  24. Miss Valerie Fawn HouseWife
  25. Miss Dottie Belle Waltz
  26. Miss Roberta Dove Robot
  27. Miss Kitty Brooke Champagne
  28. Miss Dove Faith Malfunction
  29. Miss Hope Jill Christmas
  30. Miss Lydia Joyce Makeup
  31. Miss Gladys Ruth Imperfection

Which one would you like to do? I hope you’ll jump in and join with me :smiley:

10 Likes

Ooh, this looks interesting. I’ve always wanted to do Inktober, but I like the the top Drawloween and the bottom one reminds me of Garbage Pail Kids for some reason. Maybe I’ll do a mixture? Knowing me I would probably draw them on ATC sized so they wouldn’t be daunting to me. Or my mini notebook.

2 Likes

ATC sized is fabulous! I just watched this vid bybun and I like the different options she suggests :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not a draw-er, so this isn’t so much my bag. But some of those Whimsyween names might end up on my ATC themes list (I’m looking at you, Charmaine Von DaySpa and Barbara Millicent Groceries).

If you wanted to play along, we can make our own rules here :wink: You could use whatever type of art you normally do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Touché :smile:. I don’t know if I’ll be able to do 31 days, but I may try to pop in periodically. Those names are just too much to resist.

2 Likes

I agree, I’m curious what would happen if I set out to draw those people, because nothing turns out how I intend, and it could be even weirder! Which, of course, is a good thing. :smile:
I might aim to sketch out each one, and then come back at a later date to fill in details with paint and collage.
I bought a set of Stabilo pencils (water soluable graphite) I’ve been wanting to try out, but I’ve put off drawing as I try to use up bulkier stash. No reason to not start now, though!
Hmm, maybe combining lists could be fun. Finding a way to fit separate prompts for the same day into one art piece. But really, I will be fortunate if I draw one single shape each day.

2 Likes

You know, in a marathon thing like this, that’s not a bad goal. Some friends and I did a 30-day writing challenge a couple of years ago along these lines, and one of the most helpful things for me was that a submission could be 20 pages, one sentence, or anything in between. It was just about getting something on paper every day. (None of us ever wrote 20 pages in one day, but still.) So I didn’t feel like I had to swing for the fences on each prompt.

4 Likes

Carol Ann Connecticut :joy_cat:
I am Carol Ann and I live in Connecticut.
:sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

Is that a sign?

10 Likes

No. Way. !! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I might do some of them. :slight_smile: Maybe mix and match the lists, whatever sounds fun. I doubt I’d do all 31 though, that kinda stresses me out thinking about it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m going to try to do ‘something’ each day… it doesn’t have to be complete or perfect, but it will at least be something :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do not draw well at all, but I’m almost tempted to give this a shot. It would certainly give me some practice. And, I can practice coloring with watercolor pencils. I might divide up a page into small squares (maybe 1 inch, maybe two… but probably 1 :slight_smile: ) and see if I can do something mini in each one. Peachtober is calling to me!

3 Likes

I’m thinking Peachtober with a Harry Potter twist :wink:

I might start brainstorming today :thinking:

2 Likes

I was thinking about doing Inktober. I’m terrible at starting diaries and resolutions and never doing more than a few days, but maybe hanging out with my Lettuce buddies might help me to persevere :grin:

3 Likes

Yay :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

I always wanted to join, but kept forgetting when the time came… Sadly this month is swamped, I’m behind on my studies and got 3 parties to make food for, and three swaps I “accidentally” joined :stuck_out_tongue:

However, I could always try just doodle something each day.

I will see how many days I can stick to, a 30 min doodle is always possible.

3 Likes

At least when you can fit it in :slight_smile: Sounds like a busy month!

I’m known for my crazy schedule, because I just love a challenge :stuck_out_tongue:

But I might look for another prompt table, or make my own because if I’m to join this as well I need to feel inspired :smiley:

1 Like

If you do find some more, please share them here … I’d love to check them out :slight_smile: