Easter Craftalong

I actually made little bunnies per @bethntim ‘s pattern. So cute!
(Please note, I am sleep deprived and over caffeinated so all mistakes changes are on me, not the pattern.)

7 Likes

Your garland looks amazing! Love the colors you chose!

1 Like

Love your garland…and the bunnies turned out really cute!

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m also making little carrots and then I’ll put the crochet pieces on one separate garland on their own.

3 Likes

Carrots are a great idea!

2 Likes

Ridiculously cute! Carrots will be so adorable. Are you planning other shapes? Eggies, flowers?
I just saw some cutie-pie flowers…
Ah, here, @susieoregon had them listed in STS. Maybe she’d share a pattern link, if you’re interested :).

Ok, I might be interested. Here’s a cute flat egg pattern.

3 Likes

Ohhh those ARE cute. Hmm maybe i’ll have to add these to the garland. 3 bunnies, 2 eggs and a couple of carrots could be really cute

2 Likes

I love your bunny garland! The carrots sound like a cute addition although they are adorable as is.

@Magpie - they are cherry blossoms! Great way to use up tiny balls. Easy pattern and diagram for free here.

4 Likes

So pretty!
I liked your daisies too, they are really cheerful. Do you block them to keep the shape, use any starch etc? My crochet ends up very curly, I should probably block items I want to stay flat but… laziness prevails! Yours turned out great though, if that’s your secret, I am IN!

3 Likes

Here is my post for the daisy coasters and the link to the pattern is at the bottom.

I also dislike blocking! If the pattern is done correctly it shouldn’t curl, but I do tend to have a more relaxed stitch. If you tend to crochet tightly, consider going up a hook size and see if that helps. I didn’t block any of these flowers.

4 Likes

Oh, well, that might be exactly my problem, lol. After so many years making ami I tend to use a hook that’s 3 sizes too small and then pull the yarn tight as can be! LOL, my poor hands. I’ll try to relearn myself a looser stitch :wink:

3 Likes

Here’s my carrot addition:

6 Likes

Anyone working on Easter yet this year? I haven’t started crafting but I’m brainstorming about it.

1 Like

I haven’t started the projects, but my list of "didn’t do"s from last year is on deck and ready to be put in the game. :roll_eyes: (I really should just do things in the “wrong” seasons, maybe I’d get them all done! haha)

2 Likes

No plans at all! I’m sure I will come up with 5 in the week before Easter though :rofl:

3 Likes

I have a project started, an Easter themed miniature. It will for sure have egg dyeing and basket filling.

5 Likes

I haven’t started anything but I have a few things in mind.

1 Like

Has anyone come up with a few ideas for Easter?

We are visiting with friends, of course, pandemic and WWIII willing. I’ve promised to crochet them something, not particularly Easter-related but something they really wanted.

In this complicated time it’s hard for me to really get in the mood for Easter, but Easter has always been an important tradition in my family so I don’t want to skip it this year. I hope that finding a few little crafts for Easter will help me get in the right mood.

3 Likes

We usually go to my aunt’s, she does a clued treasure hunt for the kids that they LOVE even my 21 year old son.
She’s just finished chemo. Not sure she even wants to be around people. So I am also not in the mood for Easter crafting this year. I better do something for the kids though. Maybe some bunting & print tshirts.

3 Likes

I’m not really in the mood for Easter crafting, either. And I have had an Easter WIP for what must be about 3 years here coming up. I don’t even know where it is at this point! I did end up ordering some vintage chalkware bunny plaques from Ebay that are just like some my grandma gave me when I was little, so I may have to craft a way to display them that isn’t adding nails to my walls when they get here. I did pull out the Easter decorations over the weekend, though, and most of them are handmade, so at least it feels a little crafty around here!

3 Likes