Easter Craftalong

What a cute idea! Fun foam might reproduce the texture of the icing better.

2 Likes

Those are awesome! I love your commemorative magnet idea!

Thanks to today’s zoom, I got bunny egg cozy #2 done!

9 Likes

Those are some seriously impressive cookies! Definitely edible art. Great idea to make felt cookies for her.

My friend’s kids sent me these:

I have no idea what those beads are called in English but I hadn’t seen them in about 20 years! Her kids love them.

7 Likes

That motorhead magnet holding up the sweet little chickie is cracking me up!! :joy:

They are perler beads in English.

2 Likes

Those are sweet! The little egg is my favorite!

@Bunny1kenobi–thought the same thing…ha ha ha

1 Like

I had forgotten about this craftalong! I made this little guy a couple weeks (?) ago from things I had purchased last year, so I’m counting it as a WIP completed.

Today I am working on a temporary makeover of this guy who I made a few years back.

8 Likes

I colored some eggs! These are empty shells that have been waiting for inspiration. I painted them with watered down craft paint, which blotched and ran in interesting ways.

6 Likes

Your bunny collection is wonderful…I love the little guy with the plant (rosemary?)…very nice eggs…the blotchy look is a good one to me…

2 Likes

I love the colours on the eggs! Looks much better than those very bright, obviously shop-bought ones.
Your collection reminds me that I have a white porcelain bunny-shaped pudding mold in the back of the cupboard! Came from my grandparents. I’ll try to remember to make pudding this Easter.

The rosemary pot is our favorite, too; he hangs out on the table year-round. He’s got such a snarky look!

2 Likes

Not the best pictures but I did some last minute decorating!

The Lego bunny was a gift this year, the stitched bunnies are on my craft room wall year-round. I’ve never thought of bringing them downstairs for Easter. I was never much of a decorator but everything is just so boring now.

4 Likes

Super cute! I am not much of a decorator either. The girls keep asking “where’s our bunny stuff?” :laughing: Maybe I should have done something.

3 Likes

I made this for the kids I teach at church. I scanned it into my computer and printed a copy for each of them. Then we delivered them along with some treats!

7 Likes

Judging by my “progress” (read: lack thereof) I think my Easter crafting is going to be like the 70% off sales- starting the day after! :rofl: :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Did you make the gray frame around bunny #2? It is a gorgeous piece!

1 Like

No, it was a kit, but it’s a great idea that I will certainly steal one day! It’s just a simple felt frame, glued onto the fabric with a felt backing. Very easy to make. I like hooplas but sometimes you want to frame things in a different way.

I needed to spend X amount online to qualify for free shipping, and loading up on half price small kits was cheaper than paying for shipping. I still have a bunch of those kits, they’re great to take on trips.

1 Like

I often buy kits to try out new things and then learn from them…I am going to have to try this idea as well as I like different ways to “frame” art and stitching!

1 Like

I actually made little bunnies per @bethntim ‘s pattern. So cute!
(Please note, I am sleep deprived and over caffeinated so all mistakes changes are on me, not the pattern.)

7 Likes

Your garland looks amazing! Love the colors you chose!

1 Like

Love your garland…and the bunnies turned out really cute!

3 Likes