Easter Egg Swap Idea

Since Easter is right around the corner, sort of, I thought it would be cute to incorporate that into a swap. I was thinking we could get some of the plastic eggs and fill them with little handmade treats!
A 12 pack of plastic eggs is only $5 on Amazon.

We could fill and sent 5 eggs. At least two have to include a crafted item? It could be a fun challenge to fill those tiny eggs. The rest of the eggs can have candy or store-bought finds.
Anyone interested?

6 Likes

Some ideas are necklaces, earrings, bracelets, fridge magnets, hair clips, miniatures, inchies, Inchie Dice, lapel pins, tiny amigurumi…

1 Like

That’s an adorable idea! I’m in! I’ve been in a crafting slump hopefully this will kick my booty into gear

1 Like

If I can get at least 4 people interested I will open the swap. I think it will be a fun and cute challenge!

2 Likes

Ooh! I might be down for this!

2 Likes

This sure sounds fun! Need to think thou, since shipping over seas is a bit pricey. :confused: (from Sweden to the rest of the world)

2 Likes

I would totally do this! Great idea!!!

3 Likes

May I offer this tutorial for spring treat bags? There’s a link to a 2nd version using different fabric.
Less plastic, flat for easy postage, reusable, make cute ornaments afterwards, & are really fun for treat hunts because they can be hidden in more spots!

4 Likes

That is a great idea for Easter and some people could easily make them as an extra for this swap. But this swap will be for the eggs. I wanted the nostalgia of getting Easter eggs and not everyone would have the skill to sew those.
You are more than welcome to create a swap with those. We can have more than one Easter swap! :rabbit:

4 Likes

Gotcha. If there’s enough interest from overseas/cross border ppl I’ll think on it :slight_smile: :rabbit: :egg:

3 Likes

I went ahead and opened the swap. I think we could get enough people. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Easter will be a bit earlier this year and happening on March 31st. Is anyone interested in another Easter Egg swap?
I could start sign-ups from Jan 29th - Feb 9th with send outs March 14th.

We would be swapping four Easter Eggs. You fill two with handmade craft items equal to one small each. You can fill the remaining two with store-bought items or candy.
What do you think? Is anyone interested in Round 3?

Tagging people who have participated before:
@bethntim @momiemae @MightyMitochondria @Bugaboo @Lynx @roler @marionberries @endymion @Kwality570 @mel @MissingWillow @kayrun @jillybeans @Amfkinney @grenouille78 @Sleepless-Ghost @Bunny1kenobi @Juju @kayrun

2 Likes

Heaven help me- I’m interested.

2 Likes

Yes, it gets me started on the grandkids Easter gifts.

2 Likes

Wish I could! It is always so much fun to figure out what you can make that is small enough to fit into an egg. But I just can’t squeeze it in this year.

1 Like

I am sorely tempted, but am sticking to just the one swap for now since it’s been so long since I’ve done any at all. Don’t wanna overcommit!

1 Like

This swap is up and running!