Effin Puffin Bird Journal (NSFW)

A few of us did an Effin Birds swap on Discord and I was partnered with the lovely @joyfulclover who is sharing her amazing pictures with me (so, if my post looks very similar to her post in the Effin Birds Gallery, that’s why!) Thank you for sharing your pictures!

(JC was shocked that the number of curse words I threw her way as I am not really a cussing gal! But, well, sometimes a girl needs to do something new!)

We’d been talking off and on about journaling, so I knew I had to make a journal for her. She loves puffins, and I just so happen to have an amazing hand carved puffing stamp by the super talented @alishamisha, so I stamped out so many puffins, colored in an atc sized paper, wrote a bunch of effin things on them, and posted them throughout the journal.

However, before I did that, I hand drew this cover in marker:

0419201303-1

Here’s a close up (thanks JC) of all those swearing puffins!

0419201303a-1

0419201303b-1

0419201303c-1

0419201303d-1

0419201303e-1

0419201304-1

0419201304a-1

0419201304b-1

0419201305-1

0419201457-1

The journal is bound in copic stitch. I believe I put 4 signatures with like 4 pages each.

Here are all those effin puffins all together!

10 Likes

This project made me LAUGH AND LAUGH. Now that I have photos, I am going to start writing my covid thoughts in there. The Effing Birds are really timely!

I really was. And sometimes, we do.

1 Like

I was having a good day, don’t get me wrong…but this and your painting absolutely ROCKED my effin day. :rofl: :clap:

1 Like

I love this so effin much!

1 Like

I thought you did a great job limiting your cussing! :smiley:

I will now forever associate puffins with effin cussin… ha ha

Did you come up with all the sayings on the cards yourself???

No, there’s actually a book called Effin Birds, and all sorts of pins on Pinterest about it. I just picked a bunch JC had pinned.

1 Like

This is fantastic! I’m supposed to go on a Puffin Cruise this summer (but who knows, now), and I will have these puffins in mind the entire time, I’m sure!

3 Likes

Gotta love some cussing puffins!

1 Like

Effing amazing!

1 Like

Oh my goodness, this is so funny! haha I love seeing all of the ways this stamp has been used. Thank you for sharing!