Elephant by Default

After failing to crochet a tiny elephant for the Little Good Things swap
(see Original Plan for Elephant), I decided I still needed to make my partner @crafty-becky some sort of elephant.

Once again, off to search the internet…I found an image on Pinterest but there was no link to a pattern or the maker, so I decided to use the idea and make a sort of dotee. Working from stash is harsh when you don’t have all the supplies…I had rolls of black and white felt but no grey!

I decided to paint white felt, which was kinda cool because the felt absorbed differently and created a sort of mottled look…I then embroidered random lines and tried to make a smiling face like the one on Pinterest…I added a tail at the back, some beads at the top and bottom…

Who knew you could paint felt? I hope to accidentally have to do that again!

20 Likes

This is really cute and I like the effect painting the felt gave it. The elephant definitely looks happy!

2 Likes

Shut up! That is adorable.

1 Like

So cute and a great Plan B.

2 Likes

Very creative and I love the uniqueness of this elepaint :slight_smile:

Wow! I can’t even tell it’s felt! Love the bead, definitely gives it a final touch

1 Like

So cute! I love the expression on his face and the organic mottled effect of the paint!

1 Like

So resourceful! I love it!

1 Like

This is the cutest happy little elephant. The painted felt is a really neat effect.

1 Like

The painting of the felt makes it look like real elephant skin! Great job!

1 Like

That is so stinkin’ cute, oh my gawd!

1 Like

He’s adorable!

1 Like

Such a cute little smile! The pic in the LGT gallery of his wee tail…adorable!

1 Like

This is adorable … almost as adorable as your snowman/elephant :smiley:

1 Like

Way to go for innovating!! :smile:

1 Like

I absolutely adore this and am super jelly of your recipient. I’m so thankful you didn’t have grey! Because your ingenuity gave it some great depth!

Great work! :shamrock: :metal: :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

YAY, you managed to make an elephant! Good, then you won’t have to think about it for months, or years (at least I still think about one swap years ago)

It’s an adorable elephant :smiley:

2 Likes