At least 5 years ago, maybe longer, my daughter asked to learn embroidery. I got a few patterns that used a wide variety of stitches to teach her. I drew the pattern on a canvas bag, while she was working on a smaller piece. The idea was we would work on the same project pattern so she would be able to learn as I did each step with her. We got through about a quarter of the outline before she got bored and quit. It has been in an unfinished project pile for years. Recently I decided enough was enough, and figured it was time to finish it. After a few weeks of work, it is done. No idea what to do with it now (we had a lot more unicorn loving friends 5 years ago) but at least it is finally finished!
It’s lovely!
It would be lovely on some sort of tote bag!
It is embroidered on a black canvas tote bag (the picture just doesn’t show the whole bag). ![]()
oops…I read that but got confused when you were talking about unicorns not being in fashion…well, then, the tote would make a fun project bag for knitting or embroidery! ![]()
Way to finish! It’s super cute! I hope just the right recipient comes to mind before it sits 5 more years.
This turned out so cute! Would your daughter be interested in receiving this as a gift at some point? Something that you both had a hand in making could be a real treasure. I made craft aprons with my kiddos when they were small (they painted them) and I recently found them in a box and gave them to them. They were SO tickled and now THEIR kids are wearing them.
