I guess these could have gone under jewelry too, but I am more focused on the embroidery part of them. These are my first, true, embroidery type projects.
Each year I try to learn a new skill or tool. This year one of the ones I picked was embroidery. I got a necklace embroidery kit for Christmas and went right to work! The first one I attempted was the flowers. I didn’t use enough thread on the roses, even after pulling them out and doing it twice. I only used two threads when I should have used three. Then I realized I did the colors upside down. Instead of having the darkest color on top, I just flipped the entire image over. I think it still works. My french knots were hit or miss and some are wonky
After having made so many mistakes on the first one I declared myself ready to skip the preprinted designs and start making my own. Haha! This one was supposed to be a cactus. I used a Q-tip to dissolve the ink, let it dry, and drew in a bee with washable ink. I thought it was going to be a lot bigger. In the end, I didn’t have space for the honeycombs, which I think it was better without.
I am really excited about the Bee! It turned out a lot better than I thought it would. I have two more frames to work with. I haven’t decided what I am going to put in them yet.
I’m excited to work on a hoop next. These were just to dip my toe in the water.