Ent Watercolor Postcard

Another project from Watercolor Wizardry. While I am happy with how it turned out, it is hard for me to look at this piece now. I struggled with making it (getting the shading right) so it took longer than I meant for it to. I never did get it quite to the point I wanted it, but eventually decided it was as good as it was going to get. I made it as a thank you for my mother, and she passed away a few hours before I was going to give it to her. I gave it to my dad, but I associate it with the grief of my mom’s passing now.

7 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss, and for the fact that your feelings about the piece now come with a filter of grief. FWIW, I think your work here is actually quite amazing.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words. :heart:

1 Like

I’m so very sorry for your loss, that’s so hard. It’s a beautiful piece and I’m sure one day you’ll be able to see it that way again.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss!

I have quilts started, some just in my head and supply gathering stages, for family that passed before I could make them. The grief, and guilt of not getting them done in time, is weighty. I still plan to make them, and gift them somewhere. But also this experience caused me to give up “I’m designing the perfect quilt for mom” and instead “I’m making you a cr*pay quilt, and you’d better like it!”. (It actually turned out nice, but she loves the back haha).

Huge hug!

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about you losing your mother. Your piece looks wonderful and I hope one day it will remind you of the love you felt while making it more than the sadness around giving it.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss. :people_hugging: I think it looks wonderful. :purple_heart:

I’m so sorry for your loss. My personal feeling (and I hope it helps) is that she still sees you and she knows how much you love her. I hope this piece will eventually be a symbol of your love for her- how much you wanted it to be perfect and special for her. Be kind to yourself especially as you grieve. :heart: