Envelopes from cool book pages

My neighbourhood library is decreasing its collection ahead of a big renovation project, so they had a library book sale where you could fill a bag for $10. I specifically went looking for books with colourful pictures to make art with! Some book lovers may be horrified at how I’ll be/have been destroying these books, but it works for me :blush:

Here’s the bag I filled:

And here is the beginning of many projects that will come from this bag. I made some envelopes with this amazing paper:

you can’t see it too well in the photo, but the flower papers are transluscent!

13 Likes

Very cool! Way to give these books a second life.

2 Likes

I’m one of those who has a hard time tearing books up but the pages you’re displaying look like they are begging to be freed from their bindings and admired in other ways,

1 Like

When a book my not have a life other than being remade into something else, I am all for it! I have a small selection of books-for-crafting as well. That said, I would sooner pluck a hair off my head for a bookmark than dog-ear a page!

1 Like

I love reusing them. These were saved from the landfill and given a bright new future. Kudos!

1 Like

Heh-- a couple librarians I know have just been talking about weeding non-fiction children’s books from the 1950s & 60s. There are definitely some things out there that it’s time to discard & find new uses for! Looks like you made some excellent selections for exciting colors here.

1 Like