Everyday Holidays Craftalong February 2024

Yay! Iā€™m so glad you like the inclusion of links for previous projects! Itā€™s a great way for me to explore the site more, too :two_hearts:

1 Like

For Library Lovers Month, I have been sharing library haul videos on TikTok. The hauls include books of various sorts, some of which are for marking Black History Month. :heart:

For Freedom to Read Week, Iā€™ve started reading Lolitaā€¦ Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll ever finish itā€¦ :grimacing:

2 Likes

About to have some pizza on pizza day!
:pizza:

2 Likes

We had pizza for dinner yesterday in honor of the holiday! :wink:

2 Likes

:tada:

Happy Pulses Day!

How about making some delicious food to celebrate? Here are just some recipes for inspiration:

Beans, Beans, the Magical Fruitā€¦

Tarragon and bean stew (vegan) by @Annchen

Refried Beans by @geekgirl

Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burgers by @megwell

Lemon and Herb White Bean Spread by @MistressJennie

Lentils, Lentils, Lentils

Not feeling the beans? How about trying some lentil recipes instead?

This delicious red lentil soup by yours truly is always a success at our house. It also happens to be vegan.

Hereā€™s another vegan recipeā€”Mediterranean Red Lentil Soup by @MistressJennie

Need more meat than just pulses in your life? Try this Lentil Chicken Curry Soup by @LaughingCat.

:tada: Today is also:

• Plimsoll Day (Samuel Plimsoll, Englishman credited with making ships safer)

• Cream Cheese Brownie Day

• Home Warranty Day

• Umbrella Day

Happy celebrating!

4 Likes

I have added more resources and ideas all the way to February 20th.

I hope to see some of your creations this month :heart:

Here are the feeding tube pads I made for Feeding Tube Awareness week.

8 Likes

Those are great!! Very cheerful!!

My husband had a feeding tube for some while when he was in the hospital that I eventually designed and made harness (for lack of a better word) to hold it in place and with less discomfort to his nose. Nurses thought I should have patented it.
Eventually my husband got fed up with the whole thing and asked to just let him drink the stuff (which he could manage).

5 Likes

Beautiful, useful, and thoughtful. These are great :heart:.

For creative romance month, Iā€™ve decided to have a living room picnic with my husband. Iā€™m going to surprise him with a bottle of wine and these:

If they turn out, Iā€™ll share the recipe on the main site later :heart: :strawberry: :chocolate_bar: :heart:

5 Likes

:tada: Happy Peppermint Patty Day!

You could celebrate by attempting to make peppermint pattiesā€¦ or you could just admire this pair of peppermint patty fingerless gloves by @mel

Today is also:

• International Day of Women and Girls in Science

• World Day of the Sick

• Donā€™t Cry Over Spilled Milk Day

• Inventorā€™s Day

• Make a Friend Day

• Shut-In Visitation Day

• White Shirt Day (commemorating the day a historic auto worker strike resolved on Feb. 11th, 1937)

Donā€™t forget to share your projects that might fit into any of the holidays in February :heart:

4 Likes

Happy Peppermint Patty Day!

5 Likes

:tada: Happy Galentineā€™s Day!

:girl: :girl: Check out the great GALentineā€™s GALlery! for ideas on how to celebrate your gal pals!

:tada: Today is also:

World Radio Day

:radio: Just look at these super cute miniature radios by @Bunny1kenobi, and these really cool upcycled earrings using radio transistors by @Reese52

Cheddar Day

:cheese: So many recipesā€¦ so little time! Just search ā€œcheddarā€ on Lettuce Craft if you need ideas for dinner tonight. It is Fat Tuesday for those observing, soā€¦ use up all that fatty delicious cheese :heart:

Tortellini Day

:stew: Not over ā€œpumpkin spice everythingā€ yet? Try out this Pumpkin Spice Tortellini by @CatwithSevenToes.

3 Likes

Today for lunch I had a delicious sandwich on a baguette featuring lots of ā€œTex Mexā€ shredded cheese, which contains lots of cheddar.

I observe Lent, so today (final day before lent begins on Ash Wednesday) Iā€™ll be eating lots of treats and eating a delicious dinner with the family. Looking forward to the yumminess :heart: But because Ash Wednesday falls on the same day as Valentineā€™s Day this year, we will be giving the kids a nice ā€œtreatā€ breakfast" before we begin our observance.

2 Likes

I had a frozen dinner that had some cheddar in it.

1 Like

That sounds really neat, I can only imagine the discomfort an NG tube would cause :grimacing: .

2 Likes

The way they had the tube rigged up and taped eventually caused a permanent indentation on one of his nostrils. When I noticed that (because he never complained about anything) that I came up with the ā€œharnessā€.

That sounds awful! Thank goodness you not only noticed, but were able to come up with a solution as well!

1 Like

My husband was certainly grateful!! Later he just got them to let him drink the stuff which worked a lot better. :wink:

2 Likes

So great that you were able to create something that worked for him in the meantime, though!

Happy Valentineā€™s Day!

Iā€™m too tired to put all the other stuff for today here, lol! Bu theyā€™re all listed at the top of the thread :slight_smile:

I didnā€™t do anything for Valentineā€™s Day, but the kids and I created a display for Lent. The kids did do Valentineā€™s crafts too, but honestly I only had energy for one craft today, especially since we had a really busy day with activities outside the home.

3 Likes

Next Everyday Holidays Craftalong

For next month, Iā€™ll do another monthly post, but starting in April, I think Iā€™ll do it quarterly, like the Nerd Games. I think thatā€™ll give everyone more time to participate. And the idea will be the same as the Nerd Games, where the crafts arenā€™t time sensitive. So you could do crafts for holidays that are held in April in June and it would still count.

What do people think of this?

Iā€™m open to ideas!

3 Likes