Eye spy help?

Now my lettuce friends, I really hope you can help me.
As some of you already know, I have recently (a month ago) tracked down my dad and his family. I now, suddenly, find myself with 3 sisters. One of them is pregnant, due in the autumn.
I would really like to make something for the baby, and thought an ‘eye spy’ quilt would be perfect, as it will keep the older siblings entertained too. Only issue being that I don’t have a whole lot of suitable fabric.
I wondered if people would be willing to swap with me?
I was thinking 5" squares. I would be willing to swap Suffolk puffs, ATCs, paper napkins, paper die cuts etc for squares. Basically anything I’ve got/can make, I’ll swap.

4 Likes

I’ll help you … I’m sending you a message.

1 Like

I’ll have a look through my stash to see if I have some suitable fabrics! (Not going to the shop unnecessarily now!) I am looking for 4 inch squares myself to complete a scrappy EPP quilt.

1 Like

I can help, I’ll pm you

What do you need? I’ve plenty of scraps that can be cut into squares?

1 Like

Thank you!

I’ll send you some 4" squares, any particular colour scheme or just what I’ve got?

1 Like

I can help! Again, what are you looking for in colors or patterns?

OMG you could not have asked a more loaded audience this question, lol. @AIMR, are you in? I’ll send the veggies!

Are you looking for anything or specific things? Cotton or would flannel be ok too?
@Averia posted a quilt she made from fabric sent by us all, it is so darling. Avvie, you could move that project over here. I love it so much.

1 Like

After cutting a ton of squares from my own stash I still need about 50 squares in total to finish up this top: International friendship quilt There’s no pattern or colour scheme, it’s a totally random scrap project and I try to avoid repeats where possible. I only used quilting weight cottons.

How many do you need and do you have a particular colour scheme?

1 Like

I’ll message you. What a fun idea!

Thank you to everyone for an amazing response.

I’m mainly going for quilting cotton, but think a few flannels thrown in will add texture interest too.

I have very few suitable fabric at the moment, so anything. I don’t have a theme at all, so as long as it’s child friendly, anything goes! I’ve not calculated how many I need yet, only came up with the idea just before I posted.

@Immaculata I’ll certainly help with finishing the quilt off. I’ll have a look/cut tomorrow.

Edit: need about 150 squares, give or take a few. Any extras/doubles I can put on back.

1 Like

@GMPNQ I did a double check and I actually use 4,5" squares!

I went through my stash and I think I have about 25 different suitable fabrics.

Good work with double checking!
4.5" squares it is.

1 Like

@GMPNQ, you would like 5" squares, correct?

I have a feeling you’re going to be making more than one quilt to use them all up at this rate, haha!

1 Like

5" yes - that way I can use charm squares to if I need to.
I’d love to have too many - can always make it double sided :wink:

2 Likes

I can send squares and also hexies already cut for you, @Immaculata…whatever…but here is the catch…I DON’T WANT ANY MORE STUFF…so if I send them, you cannot send me anything or else!!! ha ha ha

5" squares for @GMPNQ

@Immaculata I can send fabric or hexies…let me know…

2 Likes

I have lots of food fabric, maybe a Snoopy & Woodstock piece, and birds, butterflies, and ? I’ll send a variety. I’ll pm you.

I do not need anything in return!! Happy to contribute.

1 Like

What kind of patterns do you want on the fabric? I can look and see what I have

1 Like

I will have a look in my stash too :grinning:

1 Like

I was too tired last night to be able to reply in English, sorry! I will send you a PM later today!

1 Like