Fabric printing with hand carved stamps

How on earth did you like everything up so neatly? Every is for piece of fabric looks fantastic. The color choices are perfect and I am impressed with the many pattern variations you made using just one stamp.

1 Like

Wow! I love all of the iterations of your prints! It’s so cool how the same stamps can be used to create such a variety of patterns. It’s really neat how different it looks when you have negative space vs a solid fill, too. I’m impressed that these only took an hour and a half.

And, @JoyfulClover, I bow down to your carving skills!

2 Likes

I went looking for the swap with that basket.

I’m going to confess that I had a preview of those stamps and have been waiting to see them used. I’m not surprised at how fabulous that fabric looks, Edel is the master of this craft for sure! I am impressed with how quickly a project happened. Just goes to show, they were irresistibly well received!

3 Likes

Everything about this is beautiful, from the hand carved stamps @JoyfulClover made, to the fabric printed by @Edel, and knowing that some of this fabric will then go to yet another artist for another purpose (that will probably be sent to someone else!) It’s heartwarming. :heart:

2 Likes

Wow! These are so beautiful!

1 Like

@AudiobookLover I pulled it from one of Edels’ pins. Printed, then penciled over, flipped the paper onto to speedball carve mat, and pressed down, rubbing all over. It transfers pretty well, so low to no touch ups. Then just carve away!

This is a really wonderful idea. I hope it happens!

2 Likes

I’m sure no one thought that about you :joy::joy:

Nice job!

1 Like

Just love it all. The stamps, the printing, the basket. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Personally I love that it’s an international collaboration. :grin:

1 Like

The colors are so juicy — all the fabrics feel very bohemian. Beautiful work! This is something I totally want to try soon.

1 Like

No way! Those are stamped? Way cool!

1 Like

These are absolutely LOVELY my dear.

1 Like

After posting that picture, I did that too :smiley:

already tagged CraftyMamaBee, so hopefully she can help us out.
Found the pattern for that basket! In case you’re interested!

2 Likes

Wow cool! It sure would like nice in Edel’s new fabric. HINT HINT! :smile:

2 Likes

This is just a remarkable project!

1 Like

Ha! With the amount I printed it would be the teeniest organiser ever. Would hold one seam ripper

2 Likes

Gorgeous and so fun! I’m so impressed with the stamps and the finished products!

1 Like

Hahaha, well it is a tool I use regularly while sewing… :wink:

1 Like

These are gorgeous, @Edel! I love that you stamped over the tie dye, it really gives so much extra depth. I could keep staring at them for quite a while.

1 Like

I love the colors you chose and the different repeats of the pattern!

1 Like