Face Mask Strap

I’ve been making masks galore for friends and family. My niece’s school district is going back in person and my SIL asked if I had a way to make the mask hang around her neck so she wouldn’t lose it at school when she needed to take it off at lunch time. I came up with a strap that has snaps on either end to hook to the mask so its removable and can be moved to mask to mask and washable. They can easily be left on and pulled over your head. It is super easy and quick to make!

To make one you will need:
-a sturdy length of ribbon, wider than your snaps (14-15" for kid’s size, 22" for adult)
-scissors
-2 sets of snaps
-snap pliers

Seal the end of the ribbon to prevent fraying, either with heat, like a candle, or with fray check if your ribbon is polyester. For natural fibers, just fold over and sew down.

Apply snap near the end, leaving a little ribbon to help when unsnapping.

Apply the second snap that the first will hook with about 1-1.5 inches between them.

BOOM! You are done! So easy, right?! Grab your mask and hook 'em on!

I liked them so much, I made one for me and my kiddos! :wink: Here is big bean modeling her’s and me with mine.

Thanks for reading!

12 Likes

Great idea…I have been crocheting straps but they take too long…nice job!

1 Like

Fantastic solution to keep the face mask from straying :slight_smile: Well done you!

1 Like

Clever!

1 Like

Great solution to what is sure to be a problem with the little ones

1 Like

I think I will have to do this before school starts…thanks for sharing your quick and genius solution!

1 Like

What a smart idea!

1 Like

Awesome!!!

1 Like

Great idea!

I saw a man wearing something similar today and thought it was a good idea and come here to find someone else is doing it too.

1 Like

Excellent solution!

1 Like