Faerie bed and quilt 1:6 scale - ART 2020 Q1 Challenge Entry

I hope I am doing this right and that this counts for the challenge. I do not normally make miniatures. I love looking at them but they are definitely not in my wheel house. I joined a miniature swap thinking it would help me push myself out of my comfort zone and I attempted to make several paper crafted items and failed. So, I turned to sewing since I feel more confident in that.
bed_outside
This was made in 1:6 scale. I ended up having a lot of fun making it. I scaled the bed to be a Queen sized bed. I made it with twigs from my yard and thin wire. I wrapped fake flowers to cover the wires and make it more whimsical. I took pictures near my pond where I imagined a fearie would set up. If you look closely you can see a twig faerie leaning over it. :wink:
bed_progress
Then I sewed the mattress with fluff and make a set of sheets. It was my first time using the fancy stitches on my machine so I was pleased with that. I patchworked the tiny quilt and pillows with scrap fabric.
bed_stitches bed_on_rock
Thanks for checking it out!

23 Likes

It’s wonderful!
And you put so much work into it. Perfect!

1 Like

The tiny quilt is so cute!

I love how you used twigs…natural things are so nice in miniatures!

I think any fairy or even small woodland creatures, maybe a mouse, would love to take a nap in that bed!

2 Likes

This is pure magic!!

2 Likes

Very cute!

2 Likes

So sweet! Definitely magical!

1 Like

This is utterly adorable!

1 Like

this is adorable! you did a great job.

1 Like

Oh my goodness! This is so sweet. It makes me so happy.

1 Like

All the sweet, tiny little bits. And the more magical setting.

:metal:

1 Like

This is the best! I just love it.

1 Like

WAY TOO COOL!! tiny quilt love!!

1 Like

Such a cute fairy bed :smiley: lovely work, and the fairy is amazing :smiley:

1 Like