Fall Leaves (well, leaf) Photography

In the very beginning of fall in Eastern Ontario, there are such gorgeous colours to be found even within a single leaf.

I saw this leaf at the playground when I was out with my kids, and decided to take a photo for inspiration for a drawing or painting later on. So I laid the leaf down on the rock I was sitting on and took the photo.

I like this photo so much I’m not sure I’m going to draw/paint this leaf after all :joy:

Image description: a red maple leaf with streaks of gold on a gray rock.

26 Likes

I love the fall colors, what alovely picture.

I saw this beauty last Sunday…

15 Likes

Oooh I love the water droplets on it!

1 Like

It looks like you two could have been at the same park. Fall leaves are beautiful inspiration!

2 Likes

What gorgeous leaves! The stone backdrop does look very similar, doesn’t it?

1 Like

these leaves are great! @LindyBlues @marionberries
has @Magpie seen these yet?
:smiley:

Nature provides some of the most beautiful things. Sometimes it’s hard to remember to take a moment to fully appreciate those gifts.

This is a lovely photo.

3 Likes

Stunning! Such vibrant colors. What do you use to take your photographs? They’re so brilliant!

1 Like

Thank you so much!! I’m just using my phone, which has a better camera than any actual camera I’ve ever owned, lol! The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S23.

3 Likes

@LindyBlues I used my phone as well, a Samsun Galaxy S21. They do have great cameras. I love the vibrant colors of your leaf against the gray background. Very striking.

2 Likes

Beautiful contrast against the rock! Lovely colors.

1 Like