Felt Badge Swap Rd2 - S/O june 21

It was nice to carve out a specific time to craft and the bonus was chatting! I finished one and am going to get it ready to mail out!

5 Likes

Agreed! It was so nice to have the time set aside specifically to START. Should be smooth sailing from here on out. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

So fab to see you guys! I’ve made a good start on my second badge too. And it always makes me happy to spend time with lovely lettuce friends.

I already sent my first badge, because I had a package due to @Magpie and I just managed to get it done in time to include it and save on sending 2 packages. I hope you like it Tisha!

6 Likes

I shipped my finished one! I was afraid it would get lost among all my costume projects! Look for it, @goatgoddesss … it fit nicely into a note card recently sent to me by @jemimah!

8 Likes

Ooooo, what type of costumes Ms. @AIMR?

2 Likes

I did a separate thread on it…

2 Likes

y’all would be proud. I sketched out my 2nd badge before I started!

7 Likes

Haha! Nice!

3 Likes

I was just coming here to ask if the usual process is to sketch out a pattern before starting the badge?
I still haven’t watched the video link sadly

3 Likes

Sometimes I just go for it, cutting & stitching & making it up. Sometimes I sketch & make rough drafts even. It just depends on each project!

3 Likes

I have to sketch first, but it doesnt always end up looking like the sketch. :joy: This time i am happy to report that it is!

5 Likes

I can’t do it without sketching first, though it varies whether I actually cut up my sketch to use as a pattern or kind of free-hand it by looking at the sketch.

6 Likes

thanks for the input!
also @gozer and @Camelama

4 Likes

My problem is, my imagination always goes way overboard. I had to sit myself down tonight & remind myself I am making a small felt badge, not a giant wall-hanging! Nor a 3D figure! And that means I have to discard some exciting ideas because no, it will not fit in a small felt badge. Nor that idea, nor that one, that one, nor …. Yeah. Sometimes it is tough for my brain to give up on what it considered a challenge.

3 Likes

I had June 19th as the send out date and I forgot that is a national holiday (US) and the post office will be closed. I have extended the send out date to June 21.

6 Likes

Oh! Good call! Thanks.

2 Likes

There is no good reason not to make those ideas too, while you’re at it. Grab that inspiration! Create some card fronts, fabric pages, bag panels, adult merit badges, wall art. You won’t regret it, I promise.

I have my idea & just need some time to myself to sit & cut felt. The stitching is transportable & can go anywhere with me after that. Car craft, yay!

6 Likes

That’s a good point. I have my felt cut, I only need a few more stitches. I think I will pack it up and bring it with me to work tomorrow to work on during my lunch break. I am so close to finishing!

4 Likes

Yeah, trust me, no encouragement needed. There are sooooooo many more ideas than i could possibly create in multiple lifetimes. :wink:

4 Likes

I definitely need a template, so I am a sketch then cut up sketch person. I got the main elements down during our zoom, now working on some embellishments and detail work…hoping it elevates things to be a bit closer to the image in my head…

4 Likes