Felt Bowls/Baskets - Get Ahead of the Holidays Challenge Entry

What an excellent project! I love that they flatten.

3 Likes

Wow, thank you for the kindness, everyone! I added two more photos, a side view and a flat view, based on the comments!

2 Likes

Loving these. Streamlined, not fuzzy, modern, yet still cozy (felt fuzz!) and cute. I would happily use these in my house!

1 Like

Right? “Modern but cozy” is a perfect description for them- they would check boxes for a wide audience. They have a crispness about them but aren’t cold and impersonal. They would look great in interiors from minimalist to cottageore.

Great project!

3 Likes

I love them plain and simple, but I also think they can be embellished in a lot of ways! Thanks for sharing the pattern…they all turned out nicely and will make unusual gifts that are useful!

3 Likes

These are wonderful and would be perfect for the Get Ahead of the Holidays Challenge! :wink:

3 Likes

These are great! And @Abbeeroad is right, they would be a great entry in the current challenge!

1 Like

Thank you so much, everyone! And @Abbeeroad and @MistressJennie for the reminder about the challenge! I was definitely thinking I’d enter something but it totally slipped my mind!

1 Like

Oooh, very stylish!

1 Like

so cool!
and thanks to @AIMR , I have some felt I could use!
Now to figure out where to get cord like that!
Thanks for posting this – I wonder if I could make a couple for my STS shop?

1 Like

These are wonderful, I can see some in my future. Just need to find some decent felt.

2 Likes

Thanks for the nice comments!

And totally! Go for it!

2 Likes

I think the felt she is using is 3mm…it is way thicker than the stuff I have and sent to you…that type of felt is used for badges and embroidery…I don’t think you would get a good result, but it might be good for a practice run!

2 Likes

I think thinner felt laminated to another layer with fusible webbing could be thick/stiff enough. Extra bonus for patterned fabric is the exterior or interior. Or for smaller baskets, lighter could be ok.
And any sort of cord would do, elastic looped to a button even.

3 Likes

Oooh, thanks for that tidbit!
Obviously I have much to learn about felt!

I didn’t even know it came in diff thicknesses!

1 Like

These are great! Simple, elegant, and useful!

1 Like

:metal: :zap: :boom: Oh, my giggles! Your great craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :metal: :zap: :boom:

1 Like

These are gorgeous! so simple, yet so sophisticated. I love that they can be used by anyone so they make such a great gift for anyone of any age or sex. Thanks so much for sharing the details!

2 Likes

oh, now that’s an idea! Combining fabric and felt with heatbond! The possibilities!

1 Like

It’s on my list to try! I make run stitching on the fild lines to help shape all those layers crisply. We’ll see!

2 Likes