I did a thing! I made another mug rug to continue my venture into sewing, and this time I even did bias tape binding around the edge! Which was totally a pain in the but to create bias tape, and then hand stitch down the tape on the back. I don’t have a tape maker, and I don’t have the fancy machine foot to do the binding. Yet.
This was also an exercise in carefully measuring the pieces. I improvised this design, so I didn’t have measurements to go by. I totally winged it, and had to re-cut a couple pieces after I did the fancy triangle bits.
I think I did ok for my first pieced quilting. Could be better, but it could have gone a lot worse, too!
I did have to re-do the binding once, after I messed up the corners. Learning moment.
I am very proud of my “stitching in the ditch”.
This is for a personal swap (non LC) that I am doing, for DIY festive yarn advent calendars. At least half of the days need to be mini skeins, and the rest can be fun knit/crochet adjacent accessories. The fabric motif ties into the theme of the little group participants.