Fetching Fingerless Gloves

Thanks to @sheepBlue for answering my yarn question a few weeks ago so that I actually started these gloves for a November birthday instead of just overthinking it for another 6 months like I usually do. The recipient loves purple and I loved this sparkly sock wool for it but wasn’t sure it could work. It did!
Yarn: Universe Sock Wool (Link to Hobbii) colorway 18. I rewound the ball holding the two ends together. I lucked out in that the two ends were the same-ish colors in order. There’s a bit of variegation throughout, but subtle, I like it.
Pattern: Fetching (Links to Ravelry) by Cheryl Niamath

Thanks for looking!

21 Likes

They look great! Beautiful colour & nice detail in the pattern. And yay you for gittin’ 'er done!
Now, back to the socks… :socks: :yarn:

3 Likes

@cindy? How’d you get into magpie’s account??

OR wait, do you have minions now?? lol

haha thanks, magpie!

6 Likes

These are gorgeous! Mmmm, sparkly purple…

1 Like

So pretty! The yarn is fun; love the sparkle! Maybe someday I’ll be able to knit as well as you do. (Doubt it, though.)

2 Likes

These came out great! I love the color and sparkle on that yarn. Yay for just getting 'um done!

1 Like

So pretty! The recipient will be thrilled!

1 Like

Thanks, friends!

I guess I’m rubbing off on some people or maybe @Magpie felt I wasn’t doing a good enough job encouraging you with the :socks:

5 Likes

You do an excellent job. She needs nudging from her loving friends :orange_heart:. Her & socks, it’s a love/hate relationship :smile:

4 Likes

With a heel and a toe, fingerless mitts can be socks…just saying…

They turned out lovely! Your friend is going to be thrilled to have something pretty and useful!

4 Likes

turned out great! lovely color

I need to do more doubling up of yarn like this, since I have so many skeins of fingering weight & don’t enjoy making socks!
Also, I have had this pattern in my favorites for 12 years! High time to make it, I think.

3 Likes

You made a wonderful gift!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!
@kayrun I’ve made this pattern 7 or 8 times now and it works up a dream. Do it!

2 Likes

Delicious raspberry gloves! Guess I’m hungry for fruit because they are tasty-looking! :yum:

3 Likes

Thanks! (Now I want a jelly donut!)

3 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

These are great! I’m sure they’ll be well loved. I think the subtle variegation throughout is really great in person. It always adds a little more interest to a piece, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Those are really cool looking. I love that sparkle yarn!

2 Likes

Those turned out great! I knit with yarns held double a lot. Its a great way to cheat having to buy new yarn if you’re trying to stash bust :grimacing:

3 Likes