What are you knitting?

Oh, no! I hope it stays far east of you.

2 Likes

Finally got a goldfish cat toy ready to be finned and stuffed. Also, I learned I need to write a note to mark where the yarn overs are…It’s weird as to how difficult it is to find them, :no_mouth:.

Now comes the fun part (and hopefully tomorrow)…figuring out what to use for the fins, and how to affix them to the toy. :thinking:. Ribbon might work. plastic bags work, too. I might try some cloth…but we don’t have any scraps, :frowning_face:. I’ll just need to make a trip to some clearence aisles/thrift stores and see what I can find. I figure I need at least two to three ideas before finalizing all these patterns.

Edit: Aaaaand I’m beginning to find myself in a conundrum…I really need to move away from plastic bags…And I need to stop thinking about fabric, too. Those things can come apart easily from a cat’s claws…and teeth. Definitely not a good idea as they could easily ingest those small pieces. Can’t think too clearly at the moment…Will try to ask for idears later when my mind can focus a little better, and word it a lot better than this…:thinking:

Hmm! a knitted tail would work…I just don’t like how small one sided knits look. :thinking:

5 Likes

I finished DS2’s Musselburgh hat last night, and started on mine (doing a red/white/blue, or some variation thereof for everyone in the family for Christmas). This yarn is so pretty and soft - very excited to be working with it!

11 Likes

I cast-on the frog!

8 Likes

Eeeek!

2 Likes

If I held a [1] “sock wool” yarn double would that get me to “double knitting wool” levels? I have a fingerless glove pattern I want to work up for a November bday that calls for DKW but the yarn in stash that I want to use is sock weight.
Thoughts?

1 Like

Yeah, generally speaking sock yarn or fingering weight held double will get you to DK weight.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks! I really want to make these two work together so I wanted to check with folks who are not the knitter in my head who forces things that shouldn’t be forced lol

2 Likes

Have a frog to finish, a bag, and a cat toy…And what am I doing? Writing and testing a whole new bag pattern, :no_mouth:. Yeesh!

Anyway, not going to be too big. 144 stitches…by I have no idea how many rows…yet, :rofl:

8 Likes

Wow, this knitting pattern looks an awful lot like my dog.
Now I really gotta learn to knit!

5 Likes

Whoa! This is looking quite nice so far.

12 Likes

Very nice! Love the cable-y detail.

1 Like

I am really liking this. (bandaid on my finger to protect it from the needles…OOOOooooow, :grin:).

I’ve also got an idea for it. someone at imgur had posted an image of a bag with a slide lid, so that’s what I’ll do with this.

Cat bag with sliding head

8 Likes

Well, I guess I’m redoing it…Man it really hurts my back and arm like mad…ppppp! Meh, can’t be helped. Heh.

12 sections was just too many. However, it’d make a nice hat.

12 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:
It does make a nice hat, but it also looks good as a bag, honestly.

2 Likes

I think it’s excellent as is!

2 Likes

Fit check!

10 Likes

Ah! Izzy looks unsure, lol.

2 Likes

LOL yeah that’s the vibe I got too.

3 Likes

Finally! I get to see this doggerelle. What a cutie.

3 Likes