Filling Easter Baskets Miniature

Here’s a little eye dyeing and Easter Basket filling miniature scene I just finished.

I started with a chipboard corner room box and covered it with some springtime papers.

Those sweet plates are made from tiny Easter bunny stickers and white porcelain dollhouse plates.

I made some chocolate eggs from polymer clay and decorated them with poly clay flower slices. I also made those jelly beans(!). I actually looked at a bag of Brach’s jelly beans to get the colors right.

Here’s what went into the baskets. I started with a layer of miniature Easter basket grass and added poly clay eggs, a miniature chocolate bunny, a decorated poly clay sugar cookie, a peep and bag of those jelly beans.

To make the marshmallow peeps I took a close look at photos of real peeps and realized I could mimic their shapes with two small slices of yellow polymer clay molded as shown in the photo then squished together. After baking I added two tiny brown paint dots for eyes.

Here are all the filled baskets!

The pastoral bell jar scene on the trinket stand is made from an HO scale sheep and tree set inside a glass cloche.

Here’s a close up of the tabletop. The egg holder is made from a bit of thin black wire and the egg dye is made from glossy accents colored with a bit of resin dye.

If you have any questions, ask away!

34 Likes

Woowee, awesomesauce! The teeny candies in cello bags? Get outta here!
You know me, I have all the questions! Like, how do you come up with all these amazing ideas. And then, what do you do with all these minis you make? I imagine a studio space just filled with incredible eye candy. I’d never get anything done!

2 Likes

Aw thank you @Magpie! This one actually came about because I had that trinket shelf that I wanted to fill. I’ve used this piece before in both Christmas and Honeydukes displays, it’s one of my faves. It actually comes with a drawer that fits at the bottom but I left it off to have more horizontal space to fill. My stuff mostly sits in our dining room until I run out of room then they go into storage to make room for something else. I need an etsy shop!

7 Likes

This is truly amazing! All the sweet tiny details!!

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

This is so beautiful! Amazing details!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

fabulous! I adore the sheep and flowering tree vignette, and all the other stuff, too!

3 Likes

Thanks @steiconi

2 Likes

You… keep them all? OMG. Can I come over?

4 Likes

Come on! Actually my kids have a bunch of them… especially if the idea for one comes from them directly.

3 Likes

Eeek! Miniature scene under a cloche within a miniature scene!! :heart_eyes: All the little springtime goodies are making my heart sing. There is so much delightfulness and intricacy here…I, for one, would not be able to cope with seeing a whole set of your scenes together in the same place!

3 Likes

So many details!!! Your miniatures are always impressive and this is no exception! Those jelly beans must be so tiny. They look so colorful and Eastery festive in their tiny bags. The itty bitty peeps are my favorite!

2 Likes

Right? They need a venue. Missing Willow’s miniature museum. I’d travel to see that!

6 Likes

Eeep! I think I just squealed a little. This thing is hands-down adorable. Every time I think, “Oh, that tiny miracle is my favorite thing,” I see something else just as cute. You’ve outdone yourself!

3 Likes

You guys are so sweet, thank you! XO Those jelly beans took me about 2 hours all together.

2 Likes

This is by far the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life! You’re so talented!

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

This is absolutely amazing. So many fantastic details. But I think the resin ‘liquid’ egg dye might be the best. It looks so, so real! And those peeps! So cute.

2 Likes

Thanks Jennie!

2 Likes