Finally...a flamingo for my sister

My sister has seen the various flamingo pieces that I have done for swap partners. She has been bugging me to paint her one for her home in Florida…I have been promising her for about two years now…something always comes up…she also says I craft more for my brother than I do for her…sigh sibling rivalry still happens after 60 years…ha…

So, here it is…

I poured glue over a canvas and tore strips of blue scrap book paper all over it. When it was dried, I brushed various blue paints over it. I then drew a flamingo on a piece of tracing paper and glued it down on the canvas. When that dried, I turned on netflix and tore various colors of pink paper into shapes to fit on the flamingo form.

Some paint, some stamping, some spritzing, some markers…DONE!
I will let it completely dry, clean up, then coat it with either diamond glaze or maybe beeswax…not sure yet…

Close up of torn paper strips…

I think I have time for one more project in March…then time to plan for April swap items!

22 Likes

Your sister is going to be thrilled!

1 Like

lol since the lockdown, she is in constant contact…she made me send progress pictures to be sure I was really doing it…ha ha Thanks…I just sent her the finally pic and now she wants to be sure I mail it soon… :joy:

1 Like

That is so cute! I didn’t realize it was torn paper at first - so cool!

1 Like

Ooh, this is way more impressive in the close-up. :grinning: Cool!

1 Like

So pretty!

1 Like

This blows me away … still hard to believe it’s paper.

1 Like

The texture! The patterns! I just love it!

:heartbeat:

Has @Edel seen it?

1 Like

That is pretty cool. I love the paper strips!

1 Like

lol I try to post when she is asleep…shhhhh :smiley:

1 Like

Whoops! I totally tagged her! Sorry!

1 Like

First, that looks terrific.

Second, LOL, you gals :smile:

1 Like

This is really so cool! There is so much detail. I could stare at it for hours.

1 Like

I love this. My sister and I chat regularly on Marco Polo these days. I love sending her packages with surprises and goodies in them. I love that you "finally"made her a flamingo, and to think, it only took a lettuce prompt to motivate… :wink:

2 Likes

Lucky sister! This is so cool!

1 Like

I’m awake now @AIMR and @JoyfulClover totally planning on stealing that(now while you’re asleep). It’s gorgeous.

3 Likes

Oh. you two make me howl with laughter…I will warn you that I have a large (friendly) dog! ha ha ha

Thanks…

So cool!!! I like how you used different strips of pink paper.

1 Like

this looks awesome. I like how you used paper to “paint” it.

1 Like

Oh your sis will be happy to receive her painting! I love painting with paper, it really adds interesting texture :slight_smile:

1 Like